It is always recommended to stay up to date with the latest version of any of software to avoid running into unnecessary bugs by receiving the latest updates from us. Three things to remember everytime you run an upgrade: Backup, backup, and backup.
Make it a habit to run a backup before uninstalling ANY component; this includes EasySocial. There are many school of thoughts or ways to backup your site, but please stick with what you're comfortable with. We would like to recommend you to read through this documentation on Backing Up Your Sites.
Basically, upgrading is just a simple as installing the component. You could either:
- Install the latest installer over the existing component.
- Uninstall the previous version and install the latest version again.
Please choose which version you're upgrading from:
- Updating EasySocial 1.x and 2.0 To 2.1.x
- Updating To EasySocial 2.1.x
- Updating EasySocial Through Joomla Updater