Before you run the migrator, please make sure the following steps are performed. These are the precaution steps which need to be addressed so that if anything happen, you can revive back the original site.
- Backup your existing database.
- Put your site on offline mode to avoid any interference with database activities.
After you have done the above precaution steps, you can continue with the migration process.
Navigate yourself to
Joomla > Components > EasyBlog > Migrators, then click on Migrators.
Next, you need to find the K2 Migrator in listing of migrators. Click on View Migrator.
Here in this step, you can choose to migrate K2 comments, migrate all items from all categories or you can choose specific category.
- Migrate the comments from K2 as well - If turned on, Easyblog will also migrate K2 comments.
- Migrate item from all categories - If turned on, Easyblog will also migrate items from all K2 categories.
- Category - Select a specific category that you would like EasyBlog to import from.
Finally, click on Run Now! button and wait until the migration process finishes. The migration process might take up to several minutes depending on how large is your database.