How to Setting Up EasyBlog Group Blogging with JomSocial
How to setting up EasyBlog Group Blog with JomSocial? Here are the steps which you can take to configure this up.
NOTE: Your site must have EasyBlog and JomSocial component installed.
NOTE: You will need to purchase this plugin, which you can do so here.
Firstly, you need to check whether EasyBlog Group Blog plugin is installed on your site. If this plugin is not installed, you can download this from your dashboard. Once you have download this plugin, you can install it through Extension Manager on your site.
Joomla > Extensions > Extension Manager.
Secondly, you need to enable the plugin. Go to
Joomla > Extensions > Plugin Manager > System - Group Blogs. Turn on this plugin, and you can do some configuration here.
- Total blogs - Set the number of blog posts to be displayed by default.
- Truncate blog text - Set the number of characters to appear in the blog listing. Set it to 0 to disable truncation.
- Show ratings - Show ratings in the blog listings.
- Show RSS - Show rss in the blog listings.
- Avatar display - Choose the avatar display.
- Show author - Show author in the blog listings.
- Show contents - Show blog contents.
- Show category - Show blog category.
- Date format - Set the date format to be used in the blog listings.
Here in this step, you can see how this EasyBlog Group Blog will looks like on your site.
So now lets create a blog for this group. Notice a setting button on the cover image. Click on that button and it will display this list of options. Please choose New Blog Post to create the blog. You will be redirected to EasyBlog Composer and you can start write your blog post there.
Next, after you have done composing your blog and want to publish it, please do remember to check this option. Click on Associations and you will see the JomSocial's Group listing. Please choose the group which you want the blog to be posted into.
Here in this step, you now publish the blog to your group. Here is the result of the blog on JomSocial group.