How to Migrate From One Site To Another
There are times when you need to migrate a development site to a live site or vice-versa. You may follow the guide below to accomplish this.
NOTE: Please make sure you have BACKUP your site before start migrating the site.
NOTE: Make sure that all components, plugins and modules are at the latest version.
IMPORTANT! Make sure that the environment for both; development and live site, meets the technical requirement before proceeding.
- Open up PHPMyAdmin tool that is provided by your hosting provider and open up your development site's database.
- In PHPMyAdmin export all the tables that has the prefix of
NOTE: Please change the prefix
#__according to your database.
- Download the exported tables
.sqlfile and save it on your desktop.
- Checks the database prefix for the live site. If the database prefix is the same with the development site, you may skip this step. However, if the live site uses different database prefix, you'll need to edit the exported tables
.sqlfile that you've just downloaded, and do a search and replace of the database prefix accordingly.
- Open your PHPMyAdmin and this time, open up your live site's database.
- Select the database, you should see an import link at the top. Click on that, and click on browse. Select the
.sqlfile and click the run import button.
- Install the latest EasyBlog on your new site :)
- Enjoy blogging! If you have any problems at this point, drop us an email and we'll take a look at this.
Image Migration (Additional)
If your blog post contains image/picture, you will need to migrate those as well. To do this, copy over the Images and Media files associated with EasyBlog into the new site. (e.g. the
/images/easyblog_shared, and the
/media/com_easyblog folders and all of their contents).