Single Click Updater
In EasyDiscuss, we have introduced a new feature which allows site administrator to easily update EasyDiscuss to a newer version. You can find this feature from EasyDiscuss administrator dashboard.
Before proceed with the upgrading process, please read through this documentation so that you can understand better.
What is this Single Click Updater?
Single Click Updater is an awesome feature developed to help site administrator upgrading EasyDiscuss. The process of upgrading EasyDiscuss are slightly different from the normal upgrade process.
- This script will checks through your current version verifying whether it requires an upgrade.
- This script will automatically download the main package into pre-defined temporary location.
- This script will run any necessary queries for the update to ensure data integrity unviolated.
What Single Click Updater doesn't do?
Understand what are the limitation of the Single Click Updater.
- This script will not do a backup of your site.
- This script will not do a backup of your database.
- This script will not automagically patch your applied modification and customization.
What should you do?
Making sure the following steps has been address.
- Ensure that your hosting provider allows Remote Connection to port 3333 to utilize this feature.
- Ensure that your hosting provider support CURL in PHP.
- Ensure that you have made a necessary backup before utilizing this feature.
Single Click Update Process
Get it? Now, lets continue with the upgrading process. Firstly, please make sure that you have backup all customization on your site. The single click updater will overwrites all EasyDiscuss core files. Once you're ready, you may click on the Update New button as shown on the screenshot above.
System Requirements Validation
On the first screen of your installation process, a list of pre-requisites of EasyDiscuss will be displayed. The site must met the Minimum System Requirements before continuing with the installation process.
There are two installation options available for EasyDiscuss. As for this guide, we will be using Installation via The Network.
If you have more that one license with us, you will be able to choose the license to be used for the installation as you can see from the screnshot below:
When the installation process started, you will see a screen that looks similar to below. This process may take a while depending on the internet connectivity of your server. The main EasyDiscuss package will be directly downloaded to your server and automatically install on your site.
If anything goes well, the installation should not display any error. Should there is any error displayed, please refer to the installation issues documentation for more information.
On this page, you will be able to select which modules or plugins to be installed on the site. Ideally, you should let it install all the modules and plugins unless you're an Advanced User and know what you're doing. Click on the Next Steps to proceed with the addons installation.
Post Installation Maintenance
There are times when EasyDiscuss needs to run specific update/maintenance routines to ensure the data integrity of the system. They will be executed during this step. Rest assure it would only take a few seconds.
Now, the installation process is completed. You may now start configuring EasyDiscuss settings by clicking on Launch Backend button or experience EasyDiscuss from user point of view by clicking on Launch Frontend button