We have released an update for EasySocial Native App v1.0.5 today. This release also includes a public version that everyone can use!
Public App for EasySocial
Along with this release, our app has been modified to allow your users to connect to your sites. They just need to enter the url to your site and enter their login credentials.
As long as you have an active EasySocial subscription, your users would be able to access your site with the app. In order for us to continue maintaining this free app, the free app will contain Advertisements powered by Google AdMob.
To remove these advertisements and have greater flexibility to customize the app, you can purchase a license.
You will need to install the following plugin and app for this to work:
- EasySocial REST API (Installed in Joomla)
This plugin is responsible to handle the REST API connections made to the site.
- EasySocial Push Notification App (Installed in EasySocial)
This app is responsible for handling push notifications to be sent to your user's device.
Changes in 1.0.5
In this release, we have addressed several less critical bugs with the app which was reported from the prior releases:
- ? Users can now download photos to their mobile device
- ? Added dropdown and multi-list custom field support
- Fixed issue with rendering the album page where it could cause the app to crash
- Reading a conversation will now mark it as read
- Added missing translations from the app
- Points history will now display correctly
- Fixed issue with the like button for Pages
- Fixed issue with events causing the app to crash when it does not have a location
- Fixed issue with search input not appearing correctly when device is on dark mode
- Internal preparation for AdMob support for monetization (tests are conducted on the public version)
Updating to 1.0.5
For those of you with a valid license and have access to Titan, you may head over to your Titan and build the new release as usual.
P/S: We have exciting updates coming up soon, please do check out our blog from time to time!