Another week, another update! I hope everyone is safe and are staying indoors. We have just released an update for EasyBlog to address some of the issues encountered from the previous release ?
In this release, we have also added some new functionality in EasyBlog and implemented several fixes to address those teething issues from its prior release:
- ? Authors can now set a custom canonical link for individual posts under the SEO Panel
- ? Added new ID field for heading block to allow authors to set a custom id for the heading
- ? If enabled, both EasySocial and EasyDiscuss menu items are now added into the mobile toolbar as well
- Added backward compatibility to 3rd party developers who are reluctant to update their plugins
- Fixed overflowing issue with Timeless theme
- Added missing Helix theme to the Professional package
- Added missing PDF viewer files for PDF Block
- Added missing translations in mobile navigation
- Fixed fatal errors on Featured layout
- Fixed issue with first letter capitalization for standard WYSIWYG editors
- Fixed issue when searching for text containing hyphen characters
- Addressed conflicts with EasySocial Mobile Template
- Addressed legacy thumbnails block that uses col-4 classes which conflicts with certain Joomla! templates
- Updated HTML contents from system generated post templates
- Resetting colors in the back-end will now work correctly
- Fixed sub menus not click-able in mobile menu
- Fixed issue with searching for posts that contain a hyphen
- Checkout the changelog for the full changes
Apps for EasySocial Updated
We have also updated the Blog apps for EasySocial to include a fix for post covers not being detected when using the first image as post cover.
Updating to EasyBlog 5.4.2
Updating EasyBlog is a pretty straight-forward procedure. You can update EasyBlog using the single click updater in Joomla or the back end of EasyBlog. Alternatively, you can also download the latest version from your dashboard and install it just like how you normally install any extension.
Our awesome support team ?? is always around should you require any assistance at all.