Updates On StackIdeas Site
As some of you may have noticed, we have performed a major update on our site and the site was inaccessible for about 45 minutes. This update has been long due and I am super happy that we finally updated the site.
Previously our site was running on Joomla 2.5 and it was upgraded since Joomla 1.0. The upgrade path from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5 was a huge mess that all of us need to manually patch the files and the entire database is out of sync. It was a nightmare each time we update between 2.5.x .
This time around, we decided to update our Joomla site to the latest version, 3.6.2 since the 3.x series has built in automated updater, we'll have peace of mind when it comes to updating. By updating to Joomla 3.x, we can also safely update to PHP7 and because of that, we have reduced almost 300ms - 400ms in initial load time of the page. How awesome was that!
If you guys found any problems or issues while browsing through our site, please let me know by clicking on the button below.
Report An Error →