FULLY SUPPORT EASYSOCIAL
A handy search tool lets you search for specific content of EasySocial, EasyBlog and EasyDiscuss. This is a much needed features to exploit to the maximum EasySocial capabilities. You will be able to quickly search the albums, events, groups, pages, photos, users and videos of EasySocial, blog entries of EasyBlog or posts of EasyDiscuss. It provides a better search experience for the user.
Powered by leading Search Engine:
Elasticsearch is an open-source, RESTful, distributed search and analytics engine built on Apache Lucene. Since the first version of Elasticsearch was released in 2010, it has quickly become the most popular search engine, and is commonly used for log analytics, full-text search, and operational intelligence use cases.
Fast, very fast speed is the first thing that Elasticsearch will impress you. Once you finish typing in search box, select types or change a search mode, search result is immediately returned without a delay.
Managing Big data:
New technology that marries big data concepts with search can provide revolutionary improvements in the reliability, cost-of-ownership and flexibility. The technology trusted by many big companies and organizations like Ebay, Mozilla, Github, …
Support 3rd party extensions:
Geek ElasticSearch works compatibility with most Joomla! core data. Moreover, it provides plugins to index data of 3rd party extensions like EasySocial, EasyBlog, EasyDisscuss, AdsManager... then make the indexed data available for search results.
The component supports to run incremental update of the index. It will only update the content that have only partially changed. It improves indexing time because only part of a content is indexed instead of having to re-index the entire the content.
You can setup task to run indexing of your content automatically from a cron job, Geek ElasticSearch indexer can be run as a command-line application.
Advanced search module:
You can control everything on search form and search result like specifying which types of content will be returned, optimizing search results with Scoring and Boosting or controlling number of items per page ..etc..
The component comes with two plugins with functions of trigger during the content creation process of Joomla components and immediately update the ElasticSearch index.
Manage Indexed Content:
This feature offers a helpful option to control which items available or unavailable to visitors on your website.
Support Amazon Elasticsearch:
Geek ElasticSearch supports Amazon Elasticsearch Service - a professional solution for those who are not familiar with installation and configuration of Elasticsearch service.This make it easy to deploy, operate, and scale Elasticsearch in the AWS Cloud.
HOSTED ELASTICSEARCH SERVICES
Geek ElasticSearch supports 2 hosted ElasticSearch services are AWS ElasticSearch and Searchly. If you already have ElasticSearch service running on your server, it should work well with this service.
- AWS Elasticsearch: Amazon Elasticsearch Service - a professional solution for those who are not familiar with installation and configuration of Elasticsearch service. This make it easy to deploy, operate, and scale Elasticsearch in the AWS Cloud.
- Searchly.com: Searchly offers you another option of hosting cloud search with a reasonable price, you can select a plan that suits your needs.
- Run your own ElasticSearch: If you don't want to pay for hosted ElasticSearch service provider, you absolutely can install and run ElasticSearch on your own server. But, of course, it requires you to have a knowledge of server :)
- EasySocial 1.x & 2.0 (Albums, Events, Groups, Pages, Photos, Users, Videos). Since version 3.7.0, it supports searching in custom fields of EasySocial.
- EasyBlog (Entries)
- EasyDiscuss (Posts)
- JomSocial 3.x and 4.x (Albums, Events, Groups, Users, Videos)
- JReviews (Custom fields)
- FlexiContent (Custom fields)
- VirtueMart (Categories, Manufacturers, Products)
- HikaShop (Categories, Products)
- JoomShopping (Categories, Products)
- MijoShop (Products)
- JooCart (Products)
- J2Store (Products)
- DOCman (Documents)
- Kunena (Posts)
- K2 (Items)
- MediaStore (Products)
- Custom Fields (New feature introduced in Joomla 3.7)
- News Feed
And more to come ...
Hi Nauseous, Thank you for your review :) Regarding your issue, if you are using dedicated server or VPS, you completely can install and setup Elasticsearch service on your server. And you don't need to pay monthly fee for cloud search service.
Thank you :)