As the admins can't be aware of existing social interactions outside of their online community and also verification by specific criteria could be a tedious and complicated task - the crowd-sourced verification seems a reliable, easy and elegant solution for verification in a niche communities (where online community reflect and extend real-life communities, where people already know each other - specific industry field, fan and business clubs, etc.).
For example - in a professional Dentists community, instead of Admins request for certificates and proof papers and examining them, newcomers are automatically assigned to a restricted Guest Profile and if at least two Regular Members recognize and verify them - they automatically become a Regular Members.
- - make verification process crowd-sourced
- - give power to members to shape their community
- - offload and simplify task from the admins
- - add a simple form of credibility among community members
- - make community and interactions more reliable and rise the trust and connections between members
In the Ideal world it should have these options:
[Members Options ]
- - Verification via verification button on member profiles
- - Number of verifications near verification sign (or on mouse-over) and in the Verification section in user's profile
- - Ability to add Comments while verifying. (These can be used as recommendation texts, verification notes, etc., visible on the "View Details" link on their profiles)
- - Verifications can be edited or canceled by verifiers if they think they have verified a wrong member or change their opinion.
- Member notifications when they're verified by another member.
[ Admin Options ]
- - Auto-approved Verifications, and Admin-approved Verifications
- - Choose the Profile Types which members of which are able to verify.
- - Choose the Profile Types, members of which should be verifiable by others.
- - Verification cancellation: Should members be able to cancel their verifications
- - Verification threshold for members of a Profile Types. This is the threshold limit of verifications count after which a member will be marked as "Verified". (Different limits can be set for different Profile Types)
- - Verification type for members of a Profile Types (auto-approved or admin-approved).
- - Set a point assignment or auto profile change on verification or at reaching different thresholds !!!