UPDATES EasyBlog 6.0.11 Released! Update to the latest version now!

Helpdesk

Your Time
Our Time
Response Time
24 — 48 hours
We strive to provide the fastest ever response possible. However, we are not super beings.

Allow at least 24 — 48 hours
It is currently off working hours and most of us aren't around

Rest assured that we will get back to you as soon as the day starts tomorrow!

EasyBlog sh404sef settings - too many redirects -

Cheryl Viirand · ·
5:42 AM Tuesday, 28 January 2014
None
Hi,

I've been running easyblog for some time and am just now implementing sh404sef. I see in an earlier ticket that there is no backend way to change sef settings (other than to touch the php files, which will presumably getoverwritten on an update, no?) - a couple of things:

1) a request that you build that in for a future version :)
2) I would like the blog list to read "blogs/[author]/[itemID-title]" ; currently, it does not include the author name. How can I make that change?
3) Because your default settings include the 'view' in the URL, as users share content from our site it is chronically prone to multiple URLs, killing my SEO. I'm looking at pages and pages and pages of 404 redirects to reassign to the new posts - just want to make sure that this isn't going to continue to recreate this problem despite my new menu formula above, and again to suggest you change your default.

Thanks much,
Cheryl

From ticket #40967:
Mark wrote:

Hello Alan,

I am really sorry for the delay of this reply as it is a weekend for us here. SH404's extension for EasyBlog is actually located in /components/com_easyblog/sef_ext/com_easyblog.php . In general, you don't have to do anything because SH404 would scan for this file automatically for you :)
The replies under this section are restricted to logged in users or users with an active subscription with us