I'm currently testing my newly built community and discovered that the banned words from EasyDiscuss seem to be passing through into the EasySocial stream. Please refer to screenshot and outlined items in red.
[EDIT] Just tested with Komento and it seems to do exactly the same as EasyDiscuss. Bad words pass through into news feed.
I'm not sure if this is an issue with EasyDiscuss or EasySocial. I'm figuring EasySocial since there's no means of blocking words.
Please advise if there's a way of keeping bad words from showing up on the EasySocial news feed.
- - -
Regarding EasyDiscuss and Komento, a possible suggestion/solution might be to implement a similar bad word filtering/blocking process as EasyBlog.
Currently, EasyDiscuss and Komento post/publish even if bad words are included, replacing the word with ****.
EasyBlog on the other hand tells the user what blocked word is present and prevents the content from being published until the blocked word is removed, smart idea.
To me, EasyBlog seems to have a really solid preventative measure in place with the only exception being tags (no way to prevent tags containing blocked words).
That being said, I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to consider EasyBlog's blocked words functionality for EasyDiscuss and Komento? Maybe even EasySocial?
I'm in the process of launching an online community aimed at entrepreneurs and business owners, so more of a professional work related environment. I don't expect a lot of users to engage in vulgar/inappropriate subject matter, but for the few that may try, I would like a way of deterring them from posting such content. Is there any way of having a means of adding a list of bad words to block on EasySocial?
- - - - - - - - - -
Simplified outline of bad word blocking suggestion
- If bad word present, user can't publish and is given notification of the blocked word that's present (Currently EasyBlog)
- Block words on EasySocial - Same process as EasyBlog
- Block words on EasyDiscuss - Same process as EasyBlog
- Block words on Komento - Same process as EasyBlog
- Scan Title, Alias, Content and Tags for blocked words
- - - Currently it seems like tagging can contain bad words even though a blocked list is present (EasyBlog and EasyDiscuss). I think bad word filtering/blocking should include tags, or perhaps a method in the back-end to add a list of black-listed tags.
- - - - - - - - - -
I hope this all makes sense, I'll try and clarify if needed.
Thank you for your time.
Attachments can only be downloaded by logged in users