The team and I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for helping us with the previous beta releases! This would be the first release candidate and it mainly focused on performance improvements, UI improvements and bug fixes before we go ahead with the stable release.
We have added more database indexes to speed up queries on the site as well as refactored areas within EasySocial to speed up pages when the site contains a huge amount of data. For instance, rendering the videos and audios page would now be at least 50% faster if your site has over 100k items.
This isn't an easy task as we need to decide which scripts should be offloaded so that they are rendered on-demand as opposed to compiling everything in a single file. Having said that, in this release, we have downsized the main compressed script files to just under 600kb. That is a massive reduction of 1.2MB (200%) from its original size! 😳 🥳 ⚡️
We have moved some of the less dependent scripts so that they are rendered on-demand instead and we are extremely happy with the outcome as this would speed up the rendering time across all of your pages!
Other Improvements & Fixes
Apart from these huge performance improvements, we have also addressed bug fixes as well as overall user experience in beta 4.
- 🆕 New rendering method for video and audio counter
- 🆕 E-mail addresses are now parsed as hyperlink in comments
- 🆕 Preparation of webview support from EasySocial Mobile App v4 for discussions app
- 🆕 Added Indian Rupees (₹) to the list of supported currencies on Marketplace
- Improved overall performance for leader board
- Improved overall badges design
- Back button on marketplace item is too large
- Two-factor authentication can now be accessed with mobile devices
- Updated UI for swipe navigation to display shades on the left and right area that can be swiped
- Updated user review app to support PHP8
- Updated UI for Docker's dropdown
- Updated UI for group conversations
- Updating event will now update the user's calendar accordingly
- Ordering of countries in the country custom field will now be respected
- Blocked users can no longer view notification items from another user
- Fixed issues with post scheduling not working correctly due to incorrect date format
- Fixed styling issues with marketplace category pictures
- Fixed issue with online indicator not displaying correctly
- Fixed issue with incorrect conditional fields being generated when saving as copy or duplicating a workflow
- Fixed issue with request verification page generating errors
- Fixed issue with marketplace image slider on mobile devices
- Fixed issue with repost notifications not being translated correctly
- Fixed issue with not being able to change the terms and conditions label when there are multiple same fields in a workflow
- Fixed issue with repost activity stream items not displaying correct page title
- Fixed issue with marketplace pages not rendering image when shared on Facebook
- Fixed issue with onesignal push notifications not generating correct notifications
- Fixed issue with invitation code custom field not being check correctly
- Fixed missing translations for marketplace view
- Removed hardcoded pending users count from the admin information module
Download EasySocial 4 RC
To download the RC release, is similar to downloading the previous beta releases. Although this is an RC release, we still encourage you to install it on a development or staging site first before immediately deploying it on your live sites.