Happy New Year from the team! A brand new year and a brand new release. Our team just released an update for EasySocial to include some awesome functionality and also addressed some of the issues encountered from the previous release.
Storage Management 💾
In this update, we have added a brand new storage management feature in EasySocial to allow you to restrict storage size of users via the ACL in EasySocial. Along with that, the new storage management functionality also provides a nice indicator to inform the user when their storage is almost full.
To benefit from this, you could utilize PayPlans to allow users to upgrade their storage size. Think of this as a similar way of how your web hosting / server hosting company bills you when you want to upgrade your storage size.
Apart from the storage management, we have also added some enhancements in EasySocial and implemented several fixes to address issues from its prior release:
- 🆕 You can now set disallowed names for full name custom field that works similarly to disabled usernames under the username field
- 📱 🚀 Optimized rendering on conversations via the REST API to greatly improve the speed of EasySocial Native App (Both Free and Paid)
- When reposting activity stream items from Groups, Pages or Events, EasySocial will now prompt the user to choose the location to repost to
- Fixed issue with case sensitive file names when upgrading from older versions of EasySocial
- Addressed an issue where points were not being assigned to the author when their audio item is removed
- Fixed issue with user being able to delete the same video multiple times when clicking too quickly
- Fixed issue with user being able to delete the same group, event and pages multiple times when clicking too quickly
- Optimized process when uploading user profile covers to Amazon S3 storage
- Fixed issue with selecting avatar from gallery not appearing in quick registration form
- Friend requests will no longer be visible if the user is banned from the site
- When an event is set to All day, the time is no longer visible on the event's form
- Fixed issue with file custom field when clicking previous button during registrations
- Fixed issue with incorrect date time object when language debug mode is enabled on the site
- When importing users from CSV file, the user address field is now respected
- Fixed issue with shortened Youtube urls not embedded as video
- Banned users will now receive e-mail notifications with the duration of ban
- Fixed possible errors generated from the profile completion section when there are no fields in a profile type
- Fixed issue with overlapping verified and other icons on profile dropdown for mobile devices
- Create event button will no longer appear under Groups or Pages if the Page Follower or Group Member does not have permissions to create an event
- Fixed issue with numeric custom field not working correctly for Advanced Search when using the operator "Less than or equal to"
- Site administrators will now have access to add photos on a page that they did not create
- Fixed confusions with event's start date
- Fixed issue with birthday custom field losing data when previous button is clicked during the registration process
- RSS Feeds management for Group and Pages is now restricted to Owners, Administrators and Site Administrators
- Fixed issue with multiple users core albums showing up on the sidebar when a menu item is created for creating albums
- Fixed reactions layout from being distorted when there are more than 100+ reactions with more than 4 different reaction types
- Advanced search will now search for the description of Pages, Events and Groups correctly
- Fixed issue with Group title breaking in mid-word on smaller mobile devices
- Preparation to the internal installer for upcoming major releases of EasySocial
- Checkout the changelog for the full changes
Update to EasySocial 3.2.24
Updating EasySocial is a pretty straight-forward procedure. You can update EasySocial using the single click updater in Joomla or the back end of EasySocial. Alternatively, you can also download the latest version from your dashboard and install it just like how you normally install any extension.
Our awesome support team is always around should you require any assistance at all.