We have just released an update for EasyBlog to address some of the issues encountered from the previous release and most importantly, the compatibility with Joomla 4 beta.
In this release, we have also added some new functionality in EasyBlog and implemented several fixes to address previously reported issues:
- 🆕 Joomla 4 Beta compatibility
- 🆕 Added new settings to auto subscribe users in EasyBlog when they register on the site
- 🆕 Authors can now choose to lock comments for selective posts if they do not want to allow new comments
- 🆕 EasyBlog now displays the last executed cronjob time in the e-mail listings
- 🆕 You can now configure the total columns when using the card layout
- Twitter auto postings will now render author image on Twitter's card
- Fixed issue with not being able to upload the logo for Structured Data
- Updated integrations with OpenStreetMap Library to use version 1.6.0
- Tag listing page will now respect SEO settings to determine if it should be indexed by search engines
- Fixed issue with frontpage layout in menu throwing errors when category privacy is disabled
- Custom canonical link is now respected in the AMP version of the article
- Fixed an issue with the truncation of the latest posts module
- Addressed conflicts with 3rd party template, Chloe
- The state of each accordion section in the accordion block is now stored correctly
- Authors without administrative privileges can now search for posts that do not belong to them to associate with a different language
- When integrated with Google Place, EasyBlog will now generate friendly error messages to notify the admin of any errors
- EasyBlog now uses a search-able dropdown when searching for theme files
- Most popular posts module will now allow users to configure the post duration days instead of the hard-coded days
- Checkout the changelog for the full changes
Updating to EasyBlog 5.4.5
Updating EasyBlog is a pretty straight-forward procedure. You can update EasyBlog using the single click updater in Joomla or the back end of EasyBlog. Alternatively, you can also download the latest version from your dashboard and install it just like how you normally install any extension.
Our awesome support team is always around should you require any assistance at all.