Usually, we do not post follow up blog posts for beta releases as they often just include bug fixes. However, in this beta we have added and also improvised on a number of features since the first beta and it is worth sharing with you.
New Mini Headers
There are now new designs on the mini headers when EasySocial is embedded on Articles or Virtuemart pages.
New Activity Stream Auto-loading Mechanism
We have added a new auto-loading mechanism so that as you scroll, the streams would be pre-loaded rather than waiting when you reach the bottom of the stream.
Content plugin for Virtuemart
The content plugin which previously works on Joomla articles has now been updated to work with Virtuemart items as well.
Redesigned User Interface for Search
The search in the toolbar has been redesigned for a better user experience since some of you complained about the user experience on the previous beta.
Multi-Currency for Marketplace
The all-new marketplace now supports multiple currencies out of the box. Users can choose their desired currency when listing their items.
Additional Sorting Types for Marketplaces
Within the marketplace, you can now sort listing items by:
- Latest first
- Oldest first
- Price (High to Low)
- Price (Low to High)
- Stock availability (High to Low)
- Stock availability (Low to High)
Advanced Search for Marketplace
Advanced Search for Marketplace
We have also added an advanced search for Marketplace so you can create marketplace filters just like how you would create filters for users, groups, events and pages.
New Marketplace Module
New marketplace module allows you to list new marketplace items in modules that can be placed throughout the site.
Apart from those changes listed above, these are also some of the additions and fixes added into this release:
- 🆕 Added hits in marketplace listings
- 🆕 Added new ACL for scheduled posts
- 🆕 Added "Other Listings" as suggestions to the user when viewing a listing item from the marketplace
- 🆕 Added new settings to turn off activity generation for marketplace items
- 🆕 Added new settings to turn off reposting
- 🆕 GDPR support is now added for Marketplace items
- Watermark library for videos is no longer rendered if watermark feature is disabled
- Fixed issue with not being able to send message to seller in Marketplace when not friends with seller
- Fixed issue with sliders not showing up on Marketplace when using other themes
- Group administrators or site administrators will now be able to see the contents in a group despite being blocked by the user
- Fixed issue with uploaded photos using a mobile device displaying incorrect screen orientation
- Added marketplace item in EasySocial mobile template
- Fixed incorrect reference to events for marketplace e-mails
- Push notifications generated by OneSignal will now show the correct notification message
- Sorting of comment items at the back-end will now work correctly
- Fixed issue with login redirection where it is not redirecting users correctly
- Fixed issue with photos tab not appearing on story form for groups because of incorrect ACL
- Fixed issue with tooltips in reactions not displaying correctly when a word in tooltip contains a space
- Verified icons are now shown correctly on reposted activity stream items
- Reposted activity stream items are now re-worded
- Fixed issue with multi text box custom field not saving value correctly
- When adding a group member from the back-end, it will now respect the default group subscription settings
- Fixed issue with search not working correctly due to conflicts with compatibility layer with Joomla 4
- Fixed issue with album form not displaying correctly when there is a menu item created for "All Albums" layout
- Added marketplace links in toolbar to the rest of the themes
- Fixed issue with GIF and Stickers tab not showing the accurate active state
- Updated UI for message seller button
- Added missing mobile menu css file for mobile layout
- Fixed issue with missing marketplace image on activity stream
Tester Needed! 🚀
Help to test EasySocial 4.0 Beta 2 to speed up its release date! You can download and install EasySocial 4 from the links below. Remember to install it on your test / staging sites.