Become a Translator
Register an account at Crowdin
and start contributing today!
Our Joomla extensions come with more than 10 languages translated, and all of these translations are contributed by amazing translators around the globe.
What is Crowdin?
All translations are performed online using Crowdin platform, it is used by our translators for easier collaboration. You will be spending most of your time on Crowdin, as it will be your tool for translating our language files and submitting your translations to us.
I am interested to contribute my translations, where do I begin?
If you are keen to contribute your language expertise as a translator for our Joomla extensions, we would be more than happy to accept you!
Sounds good! What is in it for me?
We value your contributions, and you will definitely be rewarded for your hard work.
Complimentary translator license
As a translator for StackIdeas, you will receive a complimentary use of the translated product for as long as you contribute to the translations. We encourage you to constantly submit your contributions if you would like to continuously receive complimentary product access. Upon completing any translation works on Crowdin, each complimentary license given will have 3-month download access, product updates and technical support for only the registered domain.
We are seeking for dedicated translators who are willing to volunteer in long term. As we will be releasing a new product or new product updates from time to time.
Cool! Is there anything I need to know before I hop on board?
Though we welcome all translators on join our translator project. We would strongly suggest that our translators to hit certain progression simply to avoid our system from being misused.
- Yes, we would prefer our existing customers to join our translating projects, because you'll be more familiar with our products.
- Unfortunately, we do not give out free "lifetime" licenses to our translators. However, we will reward free licenses continuously to translators who genuinely sowed into our ongoing projects.
- For each language, we have 3 translators working in each group.
- As for translators who did not contribute much or found abusing our products, we would revoke your licenses or translators access to Crowdin whenever we see fit.
- All complimentary translator licenses would have 3-month download access, product updates and technical support for only the registered domain. Moreover, we would advise all translators to use our technical support modestly. Not to mention, you will also have the access to our online documentation and answered forums as well.
Great! Where do I sign up?
You are required to create an account on Crowdin at https://joomla.crowdin.com/u/signup
Contact Us and mention which language you would like to translate. You will be requested to provide your Crowdin and StackIdeas username for us to provide translators access on Crowdin itself.
Where are you language files in Crowdin that I can start translating?
There are 2 methods of translating the language files:
- Translate online with the editor provided by Crowdin
- Download language files, translate from your computer and then upload the files back to Crowdin.