By Finn Hyttel on Tuesday, 04 August 2015
Posted in Technical Issues
Likes 0
Views 0.9K
Votes 0
Hello,

We got this problem yesterday, so today we downloaded a new EasyDiscuss version 3.2.9676 and hoped that it would solve the problem but no we still can't save the configuration. E.g. when we want to set the profile to be EasySocial in integration it will jump from yes to no, even the green bar are saying that the configuration was saved successful. Please also see the screenshots.

We have anything else ready for a push to our production site but now we are on standby because we can't use the EasyDiscuss configuration after this upgrade. As the EasyDiscuss upgrade is need I do hope StackIdeas support will be able to help us out.

Thank you,

...Finn
Hey Finn,

If I recall correctly you have encounter this issue before right?

By the way, can you provide us with your Joomla backend and FTP access so we can better have a look of this issue?

*You can put the information in the optional information field below(SITE DETAILS). Don't worry about privacy. Only Support team can view the information.
·
Tuesday, 04 August 2015 10:37
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Arlex,

Thank you for your reply.

No we have never en-counted this problem before.

Great that you will take a look at it and hopefully you will be able to fix it.

...Finn
·
Tuesday, 04 August 2015 11:47
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Finn,

It seems like you using Siteground's staging site feature, the problem here is the way Siteground is actually rewriting the urls. They are doing this on the webserver level and because our javascript files are cached (written on the file system), we retrieve the site url from a cached file. Hence, it always tries to make an ajax request to http://gogreen-portals.com/ rather than http://www.staging1.gogreen-portals.com/ which is a domino effect and cause the rest of the javascript codes to fail altogether.

To fix this, I have help you temporary set the current staging domain in configuration php live_site , it should work fine now,
Can you give it a try now?
·
Tuesday, 04 August 2015 16:41
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Arlex,

Thanks a lot we can save the configuration now.

As we now have "Link EasyDiscuss Profile To EasySocial" set to yes we had hope to see that the EasyDiscuss profile change to the EasySocial profile but it still shows up as the old EasyDiscuss profile. If I at the EasyDiscuss toolbar click "Members: I still also get the old EasyDiscuss list of members.

How can we change that so we all over have the EasySocial profile?

...Finn
·
Tuesday, 04 August 2015 17:16
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Finn,

I've checked in your staging site, it seems like you haven't set `Avatar integration` to Easysocial, check my screenshot below.

By the way, I already help you configured and these discuss user profile should link to Easysocial user profile now.

Unfortunately that was not possible to link Easydiscuss `Members` page to Easysocial browse user page at this point of time yet.
·
Tuesday, 04 August 2015 23:06
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Arlex,

Thank you very much for your great support.

I hope that Stackideas soon will make a full integration between EasySocial and EasyDiscuss so the tool bars also integrate and hereby the list of members.

...Finn
·
Wednesday, 05 August 2015 00:46
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
You're welcome.

I will create a ticket in our codebase regarding this.
·
Wednesday, 05 August 2015 01:08
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Arlex,

Thank you
·