By YWAM Orlando on Friday, 30 August 2013
Posted in General
Replies 9
Likes 0
Views 1K
Votes 0
Hello,
I have a few questions:

1) I am updating from 3.5 to 3.8. Is there anything I need to do to update my blog smoothly?

2) The blog takes quite a long time to load. Can you offer any advice re how to make the blog lagg less? (the URL is http://www.ywamorlando.com/blog

3) I am having a hard time making entire albums of flicker appear on the site for people to browse. Any advice?

4) How do i make my blog posts appear on google searches? Our blog is our most updated content, which i'd love for google to pick up because of search rankings

Thanks!
Patrick
Thanks friend!
I realize its saying "Error Please enter the correct API key. You may generate it from http://stackideas.com/account/my-account.html ..."

We've had easyblog for over a year and we have never updated it. Because we have never updated the software our blog laggs extremely bad. I cannot justify purchasing a new license unless i know the update will increase the speed of the blog.

You can see yourselves that the blog takes an extremely long time to load: http://www.ywamorlando.com/blog

I am requesting a new API so i can update the software. If the speed is increased on the blog, i can then petition our Non profit org to purchase a new license.

As you can see from the image attached, this is where the update freezes.

Thank you very much!
Patrick
·
Wednesday, 30 October 2013 04:28
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Patrick,

Yep, the latest version of EasyBlog definitely increases the speed of the blog The version that you were running on is actually loading those social bookmark scripts which causes it to be slow
·
Wednesday, 30 October 2013 12:16
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks for your response.
My question was more regarding the API key so that i can update the blog. It seems like i cannot update my blog because my API Key is out of date. I understand that I need to upgrade my subscription to get a new API key, however I cannot pay more money for something i'm not sure works. I need a new API key so i can update our blog. We've never updated it in the entire year that we had EasyBlog. Can i have a new API key so i can update the blog?
Thanks!
Patrick
p.s. i need to get this issue resolved quickly. I have been trying to update since August 30th (See first post)
·
Thursday, 31 October 2013 04:04
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. Actually we do have a promotion now with 20% off for everything including the renewals, I would suggest that you take this opportunity to renew your account.

Also regarding the issue with the API key, we actually had a big overhaul in our codes so regardless of whether you are subscribe or not, user upgrading from version 3.8 and below will need to download the install and install it instead or using the Updater.

Besides that due to the "overhaul" we've performed recently the codes are now optimised for speed. I can email you the version which was release before August 17 but please understand that this version is not the latest version. If you feel this is ok please send me ur email address via the Site Details form below. Also please state which Joomla version you are using here. Hope this helps.

Thanks!
·
Thursday, 31 October 2013 12:24
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Adelene,
So i update through the updater? Not through the site?
·
Thursday, 28 November 2013 05:21
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
If you are on the 3.9.x releases, you can use the updater. Otherwise, you need to install EasyBlog just like how you installed EasyBlog initially
·
Thursday, 28 November 2013 10:50
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
If i reinstall like i did initially, how will i not loose all my current blog posts?
·
Monday, 02 December 2013 10:28
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
What do i need to do to save the current blog posts to make sure they are still posted on my site? Thanks
·
Monday, 02 December 2013 10:29
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello,

When you re-install EasyBlog, the blog posts and settings are still available on the site as it will not be deleted By the way, it looks like your subscription has expired and in order for you to continue requesting for support, you will need an active subscription. If you have already renewed, please let us know so that we can correct this for your account.

Thank you for understanding.
·
Monday, 02 December 2013 11:50
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post