By Randall McCallum on Friday, 15 November 2013
Posted in Technical Issues
Replies 4
Likes 0
Views 756
Votes 0
I updated to EasyBlog 3.9.15054 and also updated EasySocial to v 1.0.6 and then I created a new blog post. It had an image and short post. I encountered a 1242 error message upon posting the blog item:

Subquery returns more than 1 row SQL=update ov8sp_social_stream set ispublic = '1' where `id` = ( select `uid` from `ov8sp_social_stream_item` where `context_type` = 'blog' and `context_id` = '4')

I also have two blog post items in the EasySocial Stream.
I just updated to EasyBlog 3.9.15064 and get the same error message:

Subquery returns more than 1 row SQL=update ov8sp_social_stream set ispublic = '1' where `id` = ( select `uid` from `ov8sp_social_stream_item` where `context_type` = 'blog' and `context_id` = '6')
·
Friday, 15 November 2013 06:21
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Randall,

I am sorry for the delay of this reply.

Regarding your issue, strange, this issue already fixed in EasySocial 1.0.6 but when I look at the file from your site, the fix doesn't get applied

Anyway, I've applied the same patch on your site and now updating blog no longer hit this issue.
Please verify again.

Below is what i did:

Open file 'JOOMLA/administrator/components/com_easysocial/models/privacy.php' and go to line at 650:

$updateQuery .= ' where `id` = ( select `uid` from `#__social_stream_item` where `context_type` = ' . $db->Quote( $context ) . ' and `context_id` = ' . $db->Quote( $uId ) . ')';

and replaced the above with following:

$updateQuery .= ' where `id` IN ( select `uid` from `#__social_stream_item` where `context_type` = ' . $db->Quote( $context ) . ' and `context_id` = ' . $db->Quote( $uId ) . ')';

Hope this help and have a nice day
Sam
·
Friday, 15 November 2013 11:52
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks Sam,

I will check this when I get to my laptop in the morning. Thanks very much for applying the update.
·
Friday, 15 November 2013 12:45
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Randall,

You are welcome
Sam