By Randall McCallum on Thursday, 09 January 2014
Posted in General Issues
Replies 5
Likes 0
Views 0.9K
Votes 0
I am in the process of moving to a new Hosting Provider after 9 years with my current host. Siteground is the new Hosting provider and so far after only a few days with this test site, I am pleased but running into a few issues that will be resolved this week.

I installed my test domain site: I installed all 3 of my favorite extensions, and I am testing EasSocial 1.1.4, EasyBlog 3.9.15155 and the latest version of EasyDiscuss Version: 3.2.9289 with Joomla 3.2.1 before I add Joomla 3.2.1 to my main site. I also have a new template called RT Hadron from Rocktheme that I am using. This could be a RT template issue?????? Not sure.

Social Buttons not showing properly in EasyBlog or in EasyDiscuss
After installing EasyBlog 3.9.15155 (latest version) notice the social sharing buttons in EasyBlog are messed up and at the top of the screen. Not sure if this is a RT template issue or what.

Here is the screenshot for EasyBlog: http://screencast.com/t/eFxPvG2WH4Fl

After installing EasyDiscuss Version: 3.2.9289 (latest version) notice the social sharing buttons at the bottom are messed up and at the top of the screen. Not sure if this is a RT template issue or what.

Here is the screenshot for EasyDiscuss: http://screencast.com/t/g59ULpjuqRMZ

Also, where do I change the position of the sharing buttons in EasyDiscuss backend? I must be going blind because I can't find the location to change the social buttons in ED.

Any assistance to correct this would be appreciated.

Randall
I don't work for Stack Ideas

but if you send me your website address I can give you a hand to fix the error by editing CSS
·
Thursday, 09 January 2014 11:39
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Randall,

So sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I checked your site and the issue is because of Rockettheme CSS clashing. Please add these codes to your custom CSS file
#eblog-wrapper .social-button {
border: none;
padding: 0 0 0 0;
}
#discuss-wrapper .social-button {
border: none;
padding: 0 0 0 0;
}

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
·
Thursday, 09 January 2014 12:29
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks very much Adelene,

I'm off to sleep now and shut my laptop down. I'll add this to my custom CSS in the morning.

Also, a question. Where do I can the position of the Social buttons in EasyDiscuss? I can't seem to find the correct setting location in the EasyDiscuss Dashboard.

Thanks,

Randall
·
Thursday, 09 January 2014 13:26
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Anirudh Kumar wrote:

I don't work for Stack Ideas

but if you send me your website address I can give you a hand to fix the error by editing CSS

Thank you very kindly for your offer to assist me. Much appreciated.

Adelene helped to resolve it for me.

Thanks again.

Randall
·
Thursday, 09 January 2014 13:41
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Randall,

You are most welcome. Glad that your issue is solved.

Thanks!
·
Thursday, 09 January 2014 14:20
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post