By Timothy Garner on Thursday, 08 September 2016
Posted in Technical Issues
Likes 0
Views 384
Votes 0
Hello,

I just noticed we are receiving a "400 - Sorry but we couldn't find the blog entry that you are looking for" error when browsing to certain blog post that do not exist.

Example URL is in the Additional Message section.

Also noticed if you enter anything in the URL after the Menu Item it now uses the sites 404 instead of redirecting to the Blog Entry page like before.

Example:
The URL http://www.site.com/blog/this-blog-does-not-exist
Redirects to the sites 404 error setup.

It use to redirect this to http://www.site.com/blog

Thank you,
Timothy
1. Can you let me know the changes you completed because I have a few other sites that need this change applied as well?

You can just copy over this file JoomlaFolder\components\com_easyblog\views\entry\view.html.php from your existing site.

2. Is this considered a bug by StackIdeas and will this "hack" be applied in future updates? Or is the previous behavior what StackIdeas is expecting?

Nope, this is actually default behaviour to show 404/400 error when the user trying to access invalid post or unable to view these post. If I recall correctly previously we have a lot of our customer complain about this redirection, if the site doing a lot of redirection it will affected with the Google rank of their website, so we decided to change to show 404/400 error.

So you have to backup this JoomlaFolder\components\com_easyblog\views\entry\view.html.php before you update to new version in the future.
·
Tuesday, 20 September 2016 10:16
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Yes, this is default behaviour, if you would like to do the redirection, you have to download my attached file and replace into this following file location -> JoomlaFolder\components\com_easyblog\views\entry\view.html.php
·
Friday, 09 September 2016 00:04
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thank you for the Reply Arlex!

How about the 400 error? Do you know why we would be getting a 400 on certain blogs but a 404 on all of the others?

Thank you
Timothy
·
Friday, 09 September 2016 00:07
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
You're welcome.

-----
- Those invalid post.
- Post Id not exist

-----
- If the blog post already deleted
- Check if the user is allowed to view this post
- and etc
·
Friday, 09 September 2016 00:20
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I replaced the "view.html.php" file with the file you supplied and we are still seeing the same issue.

Change the URL, un-publish the post, or schedule the post for a future date all cause a Server side error.

This was not the case before. It used to redirect you to the Blog Front Page and add an error above all the blogs at the top of the page "The Blog post could not be found."

Now it uses the Joomla Error pages (unless you have a custom error page setup like most people do for 404s.)
·
Thursday, 15 September 2016 05:23
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey there,

It would be best if you can provide us with your following details so I can better have a look.

- Joomla backend access
- FTP access
- provide us some of the URL to replicate this
·
Thursday, 15 September 2016 13:02
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Arlex,

I updated the original post with the Joomla Login info, FTP access info, and details on a test blog,

Thank you for your time!
Timothy
·
Friday, 16 September 2016 22:39
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I've updated some hack with the same file, can you give it a check is it work fine now?
·
Saturday, 17 September 2016 13:15
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Arlex

That looks like it did the trick! I tried every combination posible and they all worked correctly. No More 404s or 400 errors.

1. Can you let me know the changes you completed because I have a few other sites that need this change applied as well?

2. Is this considered a bug by StackIdeas and will this "hack" be applied in future updates? Or is the previous behavior what StackIdeas is expecting?

Thank you for your time!
Timothy
·
Tuesday, 20 September 2016 05:27
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Arlex,

I had that exact thought as I was submitting my last reply. I can see google impacting your site ranking because you redirect 404 incorrectly.

OK. I will just setup the 400 errors to use a custom page just like the 404s do for all clients.

I appreciate your time on this. Thank you for working with me as I figure this out.

Thank you,
Timothy
·
Wednesday, 21 September 2016 02:35
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi there,

You are most welcome.

As a gentle reminder, kindly start a new thread if you have any other issue in the future so it will be easier for us to manage your inquiry. I will lock and mark this thread as resolved.
·
Wednesday, 21 September 2016 10:02
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post