By David Anthony on Wednesday, 04 June 2014
Replies 8
Likes 0
Views 1K
Votes 0
Hi, I just cloned my site to a faster server with nginx and changed my joomla template.

Only one easyblog theme worked on the new site: the one that was active on the original site when I did the backup. After using "clean images", not even that one worked.

The new site is 80.240.139.62.

My membership just expired but I've been buying stackideas extensions for years. Hope you can help. Thanks.
Hello David,

Can you provide us your backend and FTP access so we can have a better look on your issue here? Please advise.
·
Wednesday, 04 June 2014 11:08
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Nik, I think it may not be necessary. I have unpublished all blog entries and Easyblog loads.

My suspicion is that it has something to do with the Spanish characters in the blog entries, as it loads lots of nonsense when it gives the error. I still don't understand why these errors all of a sudden. The Spanish posts work fine on the original site: wikiduca.com .

If this can not be fixed "conceptually", I'll be happy to give you the details.
·
Wednesday, 04 June 2014 11:15
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I have been able to create new entries and view the Easyblog frontpage correctly, as long as all old entries are unpublished.
·
Wednesday, 04 June 2014 11:25
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello David,

Glad you found the workaround.
·
Wednesday, 04 June 2014 11:31
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Well yes, but I need the old entries to work :P Any help much appreciated.

We'll be renewing soon, by the way. It's just a low liquidity patch for our startup.

I will repost the bad entries, in case you can have a look.
·
Wednesday, 04 June 2014 11:36
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello David,

If you need the older entries to work, you might want to provide us access to your site so we can check on your issue here.
·
Wednesday, 04 June 2014 11:42
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Answer to help others. Stackideas might want to look into this for other users migrating from apache to nginx:

The path to the images in my blog posts were causing the error 500. I'm guessing it was more of a "switch to nginx" problem that a "change main site template" problem.

I removed all images from my previous blog posts and problem solved. I then reuploaded and reinserted the images and all was fine.

I'm sure there was some other solution like changing the path to images or something. Maybe it was a relative vs absolute path that apache and nginx handle differently.

But I had few posts and my brain was fudge at 4 AM so It just did what I mentined above
·
Thursday, 05 June 2014 08:01
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello David,

Thanks for the information. It is really helpful to us. Really appreciate it. We will check this issue.
·
Thursday, 05 June 2014 09:35
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post