By Brandon Scivolette on Saturday, 21 January 2017
Posted in Technical Issues
Replies 3
Likes 0
Views 217
Votes 0
Hello,

While attempting to access the media manager (from within a post) I found that the images don't display. I opened my inspector and found it rambling off a huge list of 404's. The console log errors looked like this:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Category not found)
<root>/images/blog/b2ap3_icon_ruler-128.png

The image exists, but the URL the media manager is searching for isn't. It has been appended with "b2ap3_icon_", as was every 404. In the example above, the correct URL would be <root>/images/blog/ruler-128.png. Any idea what the issue is?
Hello Brandon,

It is correct that the media manager is pre-pending those file prefixes because when an image is uploaded to the system, it also generates a thumbnail version so that when you load up media manager, it doesn't render up extremely slow since original images are often huge and it would look weird if the media manager loads up with images only appearing after a while.

As to why it is generating a 404 error message, you need to verify that those files does exist on the site. If it doesn't, it could be caused by a malfunction upload since uploading in EasyBlog media manager would also generate these files.
·
Saturday, 21 January 2017 13:58
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
The images exist, per my original post. They exist within my root Joomla /images/ directory though, so they weren't uploaded within EB or the EB media manager.

Are you saying that I can only access images that I've uploaded directly from within EB, and not images in my Joomla media/images folder?
·
Tuesday, 24 January 2017 01:19
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Nope, it should be able to access those image file which insert from Joomla media/image folder.

Perhaps you can update your following details into your first post so we can better have a check?

1. Joomla backend access
2. FTP access
3. provide us one of the blog post page URL which having this issue
·
Tuesday, 24 January 2017 18:47
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·