By Carl Farrington on Tuesday, 19 July 2022
Posted in Technical Issues
Likes 0
Views 488
Votes 0
Fresh install and everything seems to be working ok with the exception of the marketplace. I receive a 404 error on the frontend.
Hey there,

May I know what is the backend link of your https://socialrv.com as accessing https://socialrv.com/administrator will redirect me to the frontend?

Also at the same time, can you purge all the SEF URLs which is at Backend > EasySocial > SEF URLsand see how it goes?
·
Tuesday, 19 July 2022 11:36
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
that should be the correct url however since iinstalling admin tools, it appears to be malfunctioning.... i will disable and try again ..... if your suggestion works I will respond once more. Thanjs
·
Tuesday, 19 July 2022 20:59
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I have uninstalled admin tools. The backend is accessable. The 404 error is now gone when goingt to marketplace. Now the only issue I cannot seem to resolve is the fact I cannot remove index.php for url for SEF urls. Any hint would be appreciated , thanks.
·
Tuesday, 19 July 2022 22:18
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Also I noticed that the permalink or vanity ids do not work now..... example https://socialrv.com/demo , I think it is all related. Let me know and thanks.
·
Tuesday, 19 July 2022 22:29
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I noticed that you had selected my reply as the answer to this ticket. Is your issue been resolved?
·
Wednesday, 20 July 2022 10:31
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Update: Ignore below. Purging worked and solved the problem. I was purging the staging and changing the menu on the site by mistake. It worked when I caught myself and purged and changed the menu on the staging site.

-----------------

I found for EasySocial I can make menu items with new alias (The Alias will be used as part of the URL) with everything but the marketplace. If I make a menu item with a new alias for the marketplace, it breaks the site and gives an error or kills being able to make a new listing.

So if I make a menu item with "(Marketplace) All Listings Layout" with an alias named "classifieds" or any name - it breaks marketplace.

To unbreak it, you have to delete the menu you just made and then go to trash and delete it completely.

The only workaround I have found is to make a new menu 'URL' item and add the URL to the marketplace I copied.

I hope it is fixed because then I can make custom landing pages for the menu item, but I just use the workaround for now.
·
Monday, 19 September 2022 02:49
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved now.

Just for your information, I have locked and marked this thread as resolved to avoid confusion in the future. Please start a new thread if you have any other issues in the future so it will be easier for us to manage your inquiries.

Thanks for understanding.
·
Monday, 19 September 2022 10:11
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post