By Rob on Friday, 25 October 2013
Posted in General Issues
Replies 8
Likes 0
Views 1K
Votes 0
Hello,

Please see image. I just upgraded to EasyBlog 3.9.14919 version.

The progress bar is gone form the Feed Importer area and the feeds when I execute them do not run at all. It usually took about a minute to run the feeds manually but now nothing happens.

Could you help or explain what happened...I rely on the feeds for my site. Are we just relying on the cron to pull them?

Regards,
Rob
I have exactly the same issue, on my site, could you please guide me to the solution?

I can't see the progressbar and when clicking on execute, nothing happens.

Besides, I use a hosted server and I'm sadly unable to change values of:

max_execution_time (currently at and locked to 120)
max_input_time (currently at and locked to 60)

Maybe a script file to change? Which one? Maybe I could use a set_time_limit(0) at the beginning of the execute script?

Would you have a solution for me? I really need this section to work for my site and have to get it work.

Besides, I'd like to use it in the future for other projects.

Thanks for your help and your amazing component
·
Friday, 08 November 2013 19:26
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Jean,

Sorry for the late reply. I just tested this in your site and it seems like the feeds are running but the indicator does not show it as complete. I have tested this on my site and it is working fine. I suspect that this may be a template issue but I can't test because you do not have the original template there. Anyway if you setup the cron properly the feeds will run. As you can see I have already imported several feeds here. Hope this helps.

Thanks!
·
Saturday, 09 November 2013 02:02
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Adelene, you're amazing, thanks for supporting me even if it's the WE! Like it and will certainly follow you more specifically with buying easysocial soon^^.

Concerning my issue, effectively the progressbar was not displaying properly. And it finally does since I have imported the feed one by one at least one time. Now it works. Maybe you could ask for dev' to track that issue?

I'm not expert at cron configuration. Do you now a step by step tuto or good advice to help me on this way? I know that I can plan tasks via my host web service but I need to give it an absolute path to the script. Does it works and how to configure it on my joomla interface?

Thanks a lot!
·
Sunday, 10 November 2013 01:21
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Jean,

Good day Thanks for isolating the issue. I will further test this As for the Cron you can check out the guides we have here

http://stackideas.com/docs/easyblog/cronjobs/setting-up-cronjobs-for-feed-imports-in-cpanel

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
·
Sunday, 10 November 2013 01:32
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Adelene,

I am having same issue. Manual feed simply "refreshes page". Last feed import was several days ago.
·
Tuesday, 26 November 2013 05:31
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Kane,

So sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We were in Bangkok for the Thailand JoomlaDay and must have missed out your post. I just tried to access your backend with the URL you gave us but i am still getting a Forbidden 403. Our IP is 121.121.31.217 Could you whitelist this so that we can check out your issue? Please advice.

Thanks!
·
Monday, 02 December 2013 12:57
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Adelene,

The latest update fixed it, but created a problem where all blogs manually imported with feed import sent an email to the subscriber list despite being set to "unpublished" status. I have Nick with support looking at it.
·
Monday, 02 December 2013 14:47
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Kane,

Sorry for the late reply. Sure I have identified your email in the helpdesk. We will try to solve your issue as soon as possible.

Thanks!
·
Monday, 02 December 2013 15:15
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post