By Kevin LaManna on Monday, 30 October 2017
Posted in Technical Issues
Replies 11
Likes 0
Views 654
Votes 0
Hi there-

When trying to update content on an existing article, the site is routing the admin back to /administrator. To recreate the issue...

1) Please go to the article entitled "The many faces of music: Pre-conference keynote address, NCKP 2015"
2) Make any content update
3) Click Update

You'll get a 400 error.

This is happening to most older articles in the system.

Any thoughts (site and FTP creds in the hidden section)? Thanks again for the consistently amazing support!

Best,
Kevin
Hi Kevin,

It seems your server has masked the exact error can you temporary disable it so we can easily troubleshoot this issue.
Your cooperation is much appreciated.
·
Monday, 30 October 2017 11:18
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Fadhli -

Thanks for your quick response! Can you please provide more clarity into what to disable? I'm not sure what you're needing.

Thanks again!
Kevin
·
Monday, 30 October 2017 21:44
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Kevin,

As I want to testing on the update the blog post through front-end to make sure this issue is it mainly caused the redirection, it seems I'm hitting :
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
http://take.ms/kJdbl
·
Tuesday, 31 October 2017 12:51
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi - I’m still not clear on what you want me to do. Can you please list out the steps you need me to do to help troubleshoot?
·
Tuesday, 31 October 2017 18:38
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi guys - just updated this ticket to Urgent. Our client is unable to post anything. Fadhli - I'm still unclear on what you're needing, but we really need to get this resolved today. Thanks!
·
Tuesday, 31 October 2017 21:48
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Kevin,

I believe the problem lies on the server itself as I tried to add some debug codes into /administrator/index.php and it doesn't even seem to reach Joomla.

There are cases where mod_security is installed on the server and it has a false alarm where it thinks that someone is trying to brute force the server by sending a lot of data because when I saw the post, it seems to contain a lot of content.

Also, the other reason that I am suspecting it is because while I was trying to re-save by hitting the refresh, the server seems to be blocking me altogether now. I can't access the site
·
Tuesday, 31 October 2017 22:01
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks - yeah, I was getting auto-banned as well. Let me look into the mod_security thing. I bet you're right...
·
Tuesday, 31 October 2017 22:05
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks Kevin, keep us updated on this as I am curious about it too.
·
Tuesday, 31 October 2017 22:18
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi there Mark and Fadhli -

Thanks to you both for your help with this. And yup - was mod_security that was triggering the issue on the server.

Thanks again, and have a great week!

Best,
Kevin
·
Wednesday, 01 November 2017 03:57
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Firstly, I want to apologize for the confusion earlier Kevin and you are most welcome Glad to hear your issue has resolved.

As a gentle reminder, kindly start a new thread if you have any other issue in the future so it will be easier for us to manage your inquiry. I will lock and mark this thread as resolved.

Have a nice day ahead
·
Wednesday, 01 November 2017 10:21
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post