By Chris Chase on Tuesday, 05 December 2017
Posted in General Issues
Replies 4
Likes 0
Views 639
Votes 0
Hey guys,

We've been having another issue with posting to facebook of late. As of the 2.11 API update last month, we've had issues posting blogs to Facebook with new apps with our clients.

Once the app is setup and we try pushing a post, this is the error that we receive in the log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B7YyFCRd2EOcWODsLTrwMhsf_y2mBYyK/view

The error tells me this has to do with the changes Facebook made to URL editing some months ago, however these shouldn't affect us as we don't edit this information beyond what appears on the site anyways. I've created a user on the site so you can take a look at this, so please let me know if do and what you figure out.
Hey there,

Yes, Facebook did updated their New API again in recently which caused this error when someone post something in their Facebook page :

(#100) Only owners of the URL have the ability to specify the picture, name, thumbnail or description params.

From what we read through what is their changes in this New API, they already started implementation of Facebook over domain verification, which mean that Facebook includes a new restriction to publish only posts from the authors who own a Page and an associated domain.

You can read this documentation from Facebook how to verify your current domain site to your client own Facebook page.
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/domain-verification

And I also simplified a little bit these step by step instruction from another forum post here https://stackideas.com/forums/facebook-integration-4#reply-379194 , perhaps you can give it a try first and see how it goes.

Do note : Once you added your Facebook page into this Facebook business manager page which Facebook required to do this, all these Facebook page configuration setting you have to go through this Facebook business manager page as well, mean you have no longer to access these through your Facebook account.

Because this thing still so new for everyone, perhaps you can create a sample Facebook page for this testing and see how it look like, then after that only start add your existing Facebook page into this Facebook business page.
·
Tuesday, 05 December 2017 13:58
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey there,

We just figure out that Facebook latest API 2.11 no longer need to pass these params `name`, `description`, `message` POST data to Facebook, can you try download my attached file and replace into this following file location and see how it goes if you haven't start setup that domain verification in Facebook business manager page yet, because currently i still not really sure whether Facebook still required user go through this domain verification part or not.

JoomlaFolder/administrator/components/com_easyblog/includes/oauth/adapters/facebook/client.php

Perhaps you can try replace this file into your site and see whether can work.
·
Wednesday, 06 December 2017 00:28
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Arlex,

Just started working on the Business Manager stuff before I saw your update, so I didn't get very far.

Uploaded the client.php file to the site, and it seems to have worked as a fix for now, I'll see how it holds up over a few posts.

Is this something we can expect to see changed for a 5.1.16 update for Easyblog? Any idea how or if it would affect applications on older APIs?
·
Wednesday, 06 December 2017 01:22
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Yes, this fix will included in next release version as well.

Based on what i tested on Facebook API 2.8, it seems work fine for me too, perhaps you can try one of the site which using the older version API and see whether it get affected?
·
Wednesday, 06 December 2017 10:35
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post