By Geoff Chapman on Friday, 15 November 2013
Posted in General Issues
Replies 8
Likes 0
Views 1.2K
Votes 0
After my earlier upgrade problem, I did a complete install of EasyBlog 3.9.15054. Now I find that the front end NavBar is screwed up.

The text is there but the icons/bar itself is missing. See attached image.

Have tried a re-install with the same result. I conclude therefore that there is something wrong with the release. I learn't long ago to wait until a release was announced in the JED, but it seems that one cannot even trust that now.
I can also confirm that the replacement helper file resolves the problem. Thank you.
·
Friday, 15 November 2013 04:46
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I experienced the same problem after upgrading to EasyBlog 3.9.15054 from 3.9.14998. It doesn't matter what theme I select, the nav bar styling doesn't display. Looks like a lot of CSS is missing in the styles.css file. I tried to copy over from your demo, but there is a lot and I'm not finding it all.

The theme avatar is also displaying too tall. The CSS for height: auto is missing from the styles.css.

And the subscribe RSS/Email icons are missing as well.

Richard
·
Friday, 15 November 2013 02:13
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello guys,

I am really sorry about this. It looks like there was some issues with the theme loading when you are not using the default theme. To quickly fix this, download the attached file, upload it into /components/com_easyblog/helpers/
·
Friday, 15 November 2013 02:48
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Mark,

The new helper.php file fixed the problem. Thanks!!

I assume this will be added to the EasyBlogj 3.9.15054 installer zip file and the backup updater soon?

Richard
·
Friday, 15 November 2013 03:05
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks guys, I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused. There was a code that slipped through (It shouldn't!) A new release will be out pretty soon.
·
Friday, 15 November 2013 03:21
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Nice Work!!!!! I cannot say how great it is to know I can find some fixes FAST!
·
Friday, 15 November 2013 04:01
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello guys,

Thanks for the confirmation

Cheers!