By stefano rigazio on Saturday, 07 December 2013
Posted in General Issues
Likes 0
Views 0.9K
Votes 0
I do not understand why when I take for example a URL of a blog article and slightly modify the url should uscirmi the 404 page instead get redirected to the homepage of the blog.
Is there any option to set?

thanks a lot

stefano
Hello Stefano,

Sorry for the late reply. You should actually replace it where you remove the codes
if (! $ Blog-> load ($ BlogId))
{
$ mainframe-> redirect (EasyBlogRouter :: _ ('index.php? com_easyblog option = & view = latest', false), JText :: _ ('COM_EASYBLOG_ENTRY_BLOG_NOT_FOUND'));
$ mainframe-> close ();
}

However if you are in development I would suggest waiting for the patch Hope this helps.

Thanks!
·
Monday, 09 December 2013 20:14
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Stefano,

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately there is no settings for this. In EasyBlog if you have a invalid URL to the entry page you will get redirected to the frontpage and informed that your URL is invalid.

Thanks!
·
Saturday, 07 December 2013 01:22
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
And how is it informed?
it would not be right to come out on page 404, it would be more technically correct, and if I'm not mistaken is what Google requires.
If the page / resource does not exist you must return the 404 error page stating that the page / resource does not exist
·
Saturday, 07 December 2013 01:56
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Stefano,

Sorry for the late reply as it's the weekends. I will take note of this but for now the URL redirect can't be change unless you hack EasyBlog files. However hacking this is not in our scope of support. You can check out the discussion here for some clues.

http://stackideas.com/forums/hard-404-error-on-page-not-found

Thanks!
·
Saturday, 07 December 2013 22:20
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I tried but when I delete the rows if (! $ Blog-> load ($ BlogId))
{
$ mainframe-> redirect (EasyBlogRouter :: _ ('index.php? com_easyblog option = & view = latest', false), JText :: _ ('COM_EASYBLOG_ENTRY_BLOG_NOT_FOUND'));
$ mainframe-> close ();
}

I do not charge more than the page
·
Sunday, 08 December 2013 00:46
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Stefano,

Sorry for the late reply as it's the weekends. After a short discussion we have decided to add this in our next release. You can continue to hack this yourself but you will need to raise a 404 error
JError::raiseError( 404 , 'xxxx' )

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
·
Sunday, 08 December 2013 20:40
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thank you, humble and intelligent people understand their mistakes and run for cover ..... you are fantastic and this is another confirmation that you are the right company where you can buy products to make a great site, congratulations

Excuse the ignorance but where should I put that code?, In that file?
thanks and sorry but I'm not a programmer

stefano
·
Monday, 09 December 2013 15:18
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I installed version 3.9.15218 and still have the same problem. It does not return the 404 error page
You had said that the amendment would be added with the new version?
thanks a lot

stefano
·
Tuesday, 28 January 2014 17:50
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post