By Guy Goodall on Friday, 20 December 2013
Replies 34
Likes 0
Views 1.1K
Votes 0
I'm upgrading ED on our test site com_easydiscuss_3.2.9248_paid_j2.5 using Joomla 3.2.1 and get the following...
Can't ask a question frontend as submit button is not functioning.
Would appreciate some help.
Thanks in advance, Guy

Warning
JFile: :copy(/home/axuscom/public_html/axus31/tmp/install_52b407d188777/media/config.php, /home/axuscom/public_html/ax90/axus31/media/com_easydiscuss/config.php):
Hello Guy Goodall,

Could you mind provide us with a temporary access to your Joomla backend (as admin) and an FTP access so we can check that issue and see where the problem is coming from?
Please advise.
·
Friday, 20 December 2013 18:00
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Yes of course, I've added the information below.

With kind regards, Guy
·
Monday, 23 December 2013 08:14
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Guy,

Sorry for late reply to this,
I have tried to access in your FTP, but it seems like the file didn't show the Joomla root folder, only tmp folder file inside. Please advise.
Also, provide us with your frontend account user so we can test it when we debug on your site.
·
Monday, 23 December 2013 10:31
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I've created a frontend account too which I've given in the form below. Also I've corrected the FTP path and you'll also find the new login for the ftp in the form below.

Thanks,

With kind regards, Guy
·
Monday, 23 December 2013 15:00
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Guy,

It seems like your site missing this config.php file from Joomlafolder\media\com_easydiscuss\config.php
I already help you move this config.php in this folder, it should work fine now, please have a check.
·
Monday, 23 December 2013 15:26
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thank you Arlex, it seems to be working fine now

FYI
Between contacting you I completely uninstalled and reinstalled with the latest updated version of Easy Discuss and still got the same reported issue.

With kind regards, Guy
·
Monday, 23 December 2013 17:12
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Guy,

So sorry for the delay in getting back to you. May i have permission to reinstall EasyDiscuss to check out your issue. Seems like the file did not copy over again Please advice.

Thanks!
·
Monday, 23 December 2013 19:09
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Adelene, ED is working right now so there's no issue. The info I gave was previous to the fix. However, It might be there's an installation problem you may need to fix and update?
To help, I've taken a backup of the site and DB. If it's useful you may uninstall and reinstall ED. Just let me know what you decide
Also I have a similar test site. I'll try installing ED and see if any issues arise with that. I'll let you know.

Hope this helps?

With kind regards, Guy
·
Monday, 23 December 2013 19:39
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Guy,

Actually we also just upload/install the latest version of EasyDiscuss, if you're allow us help you re-install again latest version of EasyDiscuss in your site, we will check all the file install all the file in your site. Okay, keep us updated then.
·
Monday, 23 December 2013 22:27
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Please go ahead.

with kind regards, Guy
·
Monday, 23 December 2013 23:28
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Guy,

I have tried to re-install the latest version of Easydiscuss again, it seems like still come out that same warning, i believe that was some permission issues, so the file can't install properly.
We will investigate on this issues, so don't worry about your site, everything work fine now.
·
Tuesday, 24 December 2013 00:25
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Arlex, No worries it's a test site and there's a backup

Hope this has been of help.

With kind regards, Guy
·
Tuesday, 24 December 2013 01:14
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Guy,

Thanks for reporting on this issues
Hope you have a great Merry Christmas day
·
Tuesday, 24 December 2013 01:19
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Guy's, I'm developing yet another version of the above. It in the developer lab and there's issues with EasyDiscuss which I hope you could help sort out?

1. The tool tips don't always show
2. The image to the left of ask a question does not show.

Thanks for your help in advance, Guy
·
Tuesday, 14 January 2014 14:04
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello

I have tried to access in your FTP, it seems like we can't view your Joomla root folder, so you have add this CSS hack from your file JoomlaFolder/ax90/323/t3-assets/dev/grey/templates.ja_social_t3.less.core.less.css (add this code at your bottom)

img {
max-width: inherit !important;
}

Also, did you mean this tooltips can't show out the word right ( http://screencast.com/t/NRkuPnKlpQl )? It seems like work fine for me.
·
Tuesday, 14 January 2014 16:44
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Alex, Thanks. About the tooltips, please try refreshing the page and you'll see they don't show anymore...

I'll look at that ftp access so that you can get in
·
Tuesday, 14 January 2014 17:00
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I've corrected and tested ftp access and you'll be able to access the files now
·
Tuesday, 14 January 2014 17:10
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Guy,

I could not access your page, please advice?

We still could not access your FTP.
Screenshot --> http://screencast.com/t/tJM8rJGvW

Thanks
·
Wednesday, 15 January 2014 15:39
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks. Please change pasv to Active in your ftp client and then it should work.

With kind regards, Guy
·
Wednesday, 15 January 2014 20:00
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi, I wonder if you've had a chance to look at and fix the issues experienced with installing the latest EasyDiscuss ? I'd be interested to know as I'm about to renew my Premium subscription and need to know that it will actually work. Unfortunately I've not been able to install this version of EasyDiscuss on Joomla 3.2.1 without issue so far. Maybe that's because 3.2.1 is so new?
Anyway, I'd grateful if the present issues could be fixed if at all possible?
·
Thursday, 16 January 2014 15:13
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Guy Goodall,

I'm sorry that delayed of your reply,
Actually i have help you solved that your second issues, so we still investigate with your first issues "The tool tips don't always show",
because that's was strange (the latest EasyDiscuss component is compatible n Joomla 3.2.1), and this issues only happening on your side, so we need a time to investigate, we will getting back you as soon as possible.
·
Thursday, 16 January 2014 16:03
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Arlex,

I'm sorry to say your solution for the image not showing did not work. Would you be so kind to have another look?

Thank you so much in advance.
·
Thursday, 16 January 2014 17:57
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Guy Goodall,

I'm sorry that i didn't mention in previous reply,
Actually i already applied the CSS hack in your template css file, so you have to clear your browser cache and Joomla cache and access your site again.
Because if you didn't clear your browser cache and Joomla cache, so when you access your site, it still loading the old cache, see my screenshot : http://screencast.com/t/yrARZ9Gir
Did you mention this image doesn't show out in your previous reply right?
·
Thursday, 16 January 2014 22:43
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Arlex, you're doing a grand job and thanks for the screen dump.

Unfortunately the two apparent issues have not disappeared. It would appear they are browser related. I was able to get it to work correctly using Firefox which I'm guessing you're using?

It does not work in Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari and maybe others,,,

I've changed to several other templates to rule this out, Now I'm not having issues with EasyBlog with the same installation setup.

As you can see I've tested and not found a suitable reason or solution why the installation of EasyDiscuss is not working out of the box.

I hope I can find the time to do a fresh install of Joomla 3.2.1 with no other extensions other than Com_easydiscuss_3.2.9248_paid_j2.5. I'm a little curious as to the result,,,

In the meantime would you like to test this as I have for cross browser compatibility on PC's, Mac's, iPad's iPhone's and Androids and hopefully come with a solution?
·
Friday, 17 January 2014 12:26
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I took some time out to test your Com_easydiscuss_3.2.9248_paid_j2.5 on a fresh install of Joomla 3.2.1 on a server that is running tip top with all the correct base installations.

1. Tooltips does not always work. If the page is refreshed the tooltips disappear or clicking on an icon in the toolbar results in the tooltips to not work, In short I'm able to get the tooltips to disappear not work. However, in just one browser Firefox this seems to be OK.
2. The icon to the left of the search box does show. However, it needs to be tested with Community Builder integration.

Easyblog was then installed and the tooltips in the toolbar worked perfectly and I was unable to find any circumstances on any tested browsers where the tooötips did not show.

In conclusion tooltips works cross browser using EasyBlog but has issues on EasyDiscuss which does not work in all circumstances

I hope this helps?
·
Friday, 17 January 2014 13:35
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
OK guy's I understand time is needed to accept and fix bugs which I sincerely wish you all the best with.

It's now the weekend I need to move forward so I've chosen to use the 'timeless' layout to avoid the reported issues. It's not my first choice of layout but it will do for now.

I'm a little concerned with 'hacks' in the coding when they're not included in an override so I've removed access to our developer server for now.

Thanks!
·
Saturday, 18 January 2014 12:57
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Guy Goodall,

I'm really sorry that always delayed of your reply,
Also, I'm very appreciate that you tested the result and list down at this post, that was very helpful to us investigate what is that exactly issues from your site.
Yes, thanks for your understanding, i will follow up in your case and get back to you on next week, we apologize for the inconvenience caused here.
Just i have tried to access in your site, it seems like you already changed your "Login to developer area" login credential, can you correct it for us so we can investigate the issues in your side anytime.
·
Saturday, 18 January 2014 13:54
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I'll clone the site and let you have a bash at that if you like?
I'll send you the details as soon as it's in place earlyish Monday morning your time.
Have a great weekend!

PS. I'm posting a new question about how to change the 'ask a question' button in the timeless theme as it does not work backend - something simple I guess
·
Saturday, 18 January 2014 15:09
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Goodall,

Looking for to help you when its set up. The timeless ask a question is not located in the header, the settings only works for the button with in the toolbar area. You would have to do a CSS hack to change the color of the ask button in timeless.

·
Monday, 20 January 2014 11:06
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Yes, thank you for telling me about the need for a hack in the CSS. Alex, a fellow user was so kind as to expanded upon this hack and here's the link.

Timeless theme CSS color hack
·
Monday, 20 January 2014 14:55
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Goodall,

Thanks for sharing, hope you get to change you desired button color with no hassle.

·
Monday, 20 January 2014 17:06
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Guy Goodall,

You have to update to latest version of EasyDiscuss first, then only replace the 5 file below my attachment.

Let's try replace this 5 file in your file JoomlaFolder/media/com_easydiscuss/scripts, then clear your browser cache and Joomla cache and see how it goes?
·
Monday, 20 January 2014 19:56
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi, Sorry for not getting back sooner.

Yes it works perfectly. Good job!

Still having problems with the image and the solution you gave does not appear to work in Google Chrome for example.
·
Wednesday, 22 January 2014 04:47
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Guy Goodall,

Thank for getting back to us that is work.
Hmm that was strange, did you clear the Joomla cache, server cache and browser cache and see how it goes?
Also, i have try to access in your site, it seems like you already change the login credential -> http://screencast.com/t/P3XcgRPC6S Please advise.
·
Wednesday, 22 January 2014 11:00
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post