By Chris Chase on Saturday, 06 January 2018
Posted in General Issues
Replies 7
Likes 0
Views 723
Votes 0
Hey guys,

We've got a really strange 500 error that we're running into and we were wondering if you had any insight into it.

A client of ours has a blog post on their site. The post is normal until the last line where it repeats part of the previous line: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YHplCC8QgaFIgaV_k0mmzckwBQ0Iqrmd/view

If you delete that line or edit it in any way and try to update the post, the post will return a 500 error.

Have you guys run into this issue before?
Hey there,

I am really sorry for the delay of this reply as it is a weekend for us here.

Do you mean when the user added this line of sentences (http://take.ms/D7RYH) then it hit 500 error after press publish button?

If that is the case, can you try remove this character and see is it can save correctly without hitting that error?

& nbsp;

If yes, I suspect your server security restricted these kind of character to POST into your server.

If no, can you try replicate this issue on your current license support domain site and see whether you can replicate this issue, if can, perhaps you can provide us your Joomla backend and FTP access so we can better have a check.
·
Saturday, 06 January 2018 11:11
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay.

Before we reupped our license, I had a copy of the client's site moved to one of our domains for your testing purposes. There I was able to delete the line of text without issue and save the post, also without issue. So, the issue in question seems to be confined to the client's site. I had also tested your suggestion on the client's site, and was able to delete the nbsp without issue, so the problem seems to be something else in that line.

I've added the site to our domain list, and I'll be providing credentials for the site and FTP in the original ticket.

The post is called Tip of the Week: Saving a Windows Product Key to a Microsoft Account

Let us know what you find out!
·
Friday, 12 January 2018 04:32
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks for getting back to us.

After tested several times ago, it seems like this weird issue also happening on the Joomla article creation page, you can try copy those content from "Tip of the Week: Saving a Windows Product Key to a Microsoft Account" then paste to Joomla article creation page and press save button.

I am really sure that is something to do from this client site server got restricted something, i suspect it hit some security condition then only throw these 500 error.

And i realised when i keep testing save that article from your site, then i was unable to access your client site, this is what i hitting now :

This site can’t be reached

I believe your client server already blocked my IP address, perhaps you can try consult with his server webhosting provider and see if possible to temporary disable mod_security from server and see how it goes?
·
Friday, 12 January 2018 13:00
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Mod_security should now be disabled temporarily for you.

Let me know if you need anything else.
·
Saturday, 13 January 2018 00:21
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
If you already disabled that Mod_security from your server, mean that is not related with this configuration.

Currently I have no ideas why it hitting this error even when you create Joomla article using the same content, it will hit the same issue.

And I can confirm that is not related with your existing 3rd party plugins/extension, because it can't even reach in Joomla index.php file when i press save button when i publish one of the new article.

I believe it related with the server some of the security content filtering but i am not really similar with the server stuff, perhaps you can consult with your webhosting provider regarding this and see whether they encounter this issue before?

To reproduce this error on Joomla article creation page, I already create a test article from your site, that article name called "test post please ignore", you can do the same, remove this line of content, then you will hit the same issue.

<p>To protect your software and yourself, knowing the best practices of software management is important.</p>
·
Saturday, 13 January 2018 11:30
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post