By James on Wednesday, 05 February 2014
Posted in Technical Issues
Replies 10
Likes 0
Views 657
Votes 0
I am experiencing a 406 Not Acceptable error in EasySocial when I save an account on the frontend.

Maybe one of the support team can give it a look over?

Thanks,
James
Hi,

It seems like your hosting provider is blocking "websites" input from being submitted to the server. This is a security layer from the hosting server side and you will have to consult your hosting provider regarding this.

I've created a test case on your site that you can try. Refer to the link in the optional information below (I am placing the link there as it contains your site's address to protect your privacy).

Go to the link below, it is a simple form that shows the value inputted upon clicking on submit.

If you were to submit normal text value such as "Test", you will be able to see the value output.

If you were to submit an URL address, then you will hit 406 error.
·
Wednesday, 05 February 2014 15:18
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Jason, I am concerned because this is ONLY happening with my SuperAdmin account and none of the other accounts.

Can you give it another look and try the regular user login information? See Site Details Tab.

Thanks,
James
·
Thursday, 06 February 2014 05:29
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Ok, new development....

In my Profile for "Registered Users" I have a new tab called: Social Networks and it allows people to post their Website, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and YouTube pages.
If I clear these elements and only these elements the Save button now works. But, I would like to keep these so is it possible there is a code issue?

Thanks,
James
·
Thursday, 06 February 2014 05:36
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi,

As mentioned, this is not a code issue. Your server is blocking values with "http://". As long as a textbox contains "http://", your server will throw 406 error without even getting to EasySocial's code.
·
Thursday, 06 February 2014 11:42
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Jason, watch the video in the Optional information,

I am not saying your 100% incorrect but, (1) of my (5) fields is allowing an input with http:// to go through. If I add any input to the other (4) fields it kills it.

Thanks,
James
·
Thursday, 06 February 2014 13:00
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello James,

We have actually tested this and the problem is actually because there's a "security layer" on the web server part. It actually prevented the form from being submitted. In other words, those 406 errors were triggered before even reaching Joomla's index.php file

There could possibly be some mixture of specific data's that somehow triggered the web server to trigger this.
·
Thursday, 06 February 2014 16:30
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Contacting the Host again (second time).

FYI, this is GoDaddy and their support is often times horrible.
Thanks for you guys looking into this, much appreciated!

Thanks,
James
·
Friday, 07 February 2014 00:49
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Oh dear, please stay away from them at once! I tried purchasing a domain name from Godaddy and my credit card got charged on Godaddy for 18 times for a single domain Then, when I asked for a refund, they told me that it's not possible
·
Friday, 07 February 2014 01:03
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Yep, GoDaddy won't fix their server side issue so now I am forced to migrate the domain.

Pissed!
·
Friday, 07 February 2014 01:15
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi,

I'm sorry for your frustration. We have a few customers on GoDaddy as well and they have noted the same lack of support from them.
·
Friday, 07 February 2014 10:33
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post