By James A. Parker on Sunday, 17 November 2013
Posted in Technical Issues
Replies 7
Likes 0
Views 676
Votes 0
Thank you for replying to my inquiry #18125....which may now be a different number as I didn't see it under my account. The original question concerned a layout problem that I was having and is displayed in the image that I attached to #18125 and attach to this one as well.
As you can see there are overlapping of images and text that I have been unable to alleviate through css and could use your advise.
I am providing the login details below along with that required for .htaccess to the admin side.
Thanks for you attention to this.
Jim
The image.
·
Sunday, 17 November 2013 00:22
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply as it's the weekends. The menu isn't suppose to be green if you are using the default menu. Do you have any overrides in your template? we will need your FTP to check this out Please advice.

Thanks!
·
Sunday, 17 November 2013 03:00
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello James,

I am really sorry for the delay of this reply as it is a weekend for us here. I tried checking your site and for some reasons, the template's css file aren't being loaded. Are you using a template override for your site?
·
Sunday, 17 November 2013 04:25
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I have found the cause....me.....thanks for your time.
·
Sunday, 17 November 2013 13:07
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello James,

Thanks for updating Glad that your issues are resolved now. May I know what was the issue all about?
·
Sunday, 17 November 2013 21:08
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks for your follow-up.
The cause was my incorrect setting up of jomsocial templates in mytemplate/html/ folder. There appear to be two css files that are included when the templates are used directly from the /component/com_community/folder. One from the selected jomsocial template folder and one from the default/css folder both of which are named the same: styles.css . I found that I had to copy /default/css/styles.css to /html/css and rename it "styles-default.css." I then imported it into the mytemplate/css/styles.css using @import url("styles-default.css").
Thanks again,
Jim
·
Monday, 18 November 2013 12:21
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Ah, thanks for the heads up on this