By Mostafa Norouzi on Friday, 09 June 2017
Likes 0
Views 0.9K
Votes 0
Hello

I had Easydiscuss version 3.2 and today upgraded to 4 successfully!
In back-end everything's good but in Front-end I face with this error :

Unknown column 'private' in 'where clause'

I attached the error page also.
Any idea what's wrong?
Try run this following SQL query from your database and see how it goes?

// Replace #__ to your table prefix
ALTER TABLE `#__discuss_posts` ADD `private` tinyint(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

If the issue still persists, can you provide us with your following details at http://stackideas.com/dashboard/site ?
1. Joomla backend access
2. FTP access
3. Database access
·
Friday, 09 June 2017 22:04
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
MySQL returns :

#1067 - Invalid default value for 'created'
I thinks it's related to another column with name : created

My website is online but I did not risk & made a copy of it to the WAMP (offline web-server)
·
Friday, 09 June 2017 22:13
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I also see this problem in back-end (after click on a posts>questions)
·
Friday, 09 June 2017 22:20
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
That was strange, based on your screenshot already have that created column in this table #__discuss_posts.

I think it could be related another issue, can you check again and see whether this `private` columns already added in this table #__discuss_posts?

It would be best if you can provide us with your site access so we can better have a check.
·
Friday, 09 June 2017 22:25
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
It seems that MySQL have problem with the value of one record of column "created"

Anyway I changed the column name of "anonymous" to "private" and error of 1054 fixed but now the forum is empty and does not show the questions that can be seen in back-end!

Is it possible that installation done with error & without any message?
·
Friday, 09 June 2017 22:37
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I suspect the upgrade process not complete because it seems like it didn't go through the Easydiscuss 4.x maintenance script.

Anyway I changed the column name of "anonymous" to "private" and error of 1054 fixed

This columns "anonymous" is needed, I think you can try add new columns manually through your phpmyadmin.
This is the `anonymous` data structure.

`anonymous` tinyint(3) DEFAULT '0'

but now the forum is empty and does not show the questions that can be seen in back-end!

Can you try run the maintenance script from backend > Easydiscuss > maintenance > script > select all and click execute.

if the issue still persists, it would be best if you can provide us with your site access.
·
Friday, 09 June 2017 23:36
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Yes! "anonymous" is now exist and "private" also created.
In "script" section there is not any record to execute!

I will make a clone from this site on the internet and come back here again.
Thank you.
·
Friday, 09 June 2017 23:44
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Alright, keep us updated then.
·
Saturday, 10 June 2017 00:30
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Ok, It's ready!

I have updated "site details" section in my profile.
The EasyDiscuss is now installed without any error & you can see :

1) Error 1054 : http://sahargah.com/rastchin/index.php?option=com_easydiscuss
2) And if you add "private" column in table, the front-end forum is empty unless you create a new post.

Can you check it?
·
Saturday, 10 June 2017 03:12
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey there,

I am really sorry for the delay of this reply as it is a weekend for us here.

Can you check again is it work fine now?

What i did is upload full installer through your Joomla backend again then run the maintenance script from backend, it should work fine now.
·
Saturday, 10 June 2017 12:01
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
The support is great even at weekend

Yes it's working & really weird! because when I re-upload the full installer, last step (maintenance ) shows :
There are no maintenance script to execute currently.

Is it possible that my package has some differences? (com_easydiscuss_full_pro_4.0.15_joomla.zip)
I have to learn how to fix it myself because the original version of my site located in another domain (rastchin.com)

Thank you in advance.
·
Saturday, 10 June 2017 13:51
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
You're welcome.

Yes it's working & really weird! because when I re-upload the full installer, last step (maintenance ) shows :
There are no maintenance script to execute currently.

Actually i also getting this just now when the installation load completed, for now I am not really sure why at the first time when you install, it didn't go through the maintenance script step during the update.

Once the installation done it, you have go to backend > Easydiscuss > maintenance > script > select all > click execute script button at the top.

Is it possible that my package has some differences? (com_easydiscuss_full_pro_4.0.15_joomla.zip)
I have to learn how to fix it myself because the original version of my site located in another domain (rastchin.com)

I don't think that is different, by right when you upload full installer through your Joomla backend installer page, it should able to install properly, this is the step you have to make sure you run correctly.

- Once upload full installer completely
- Click proceed the installation button
- Click next until one step it ask for install via network or install via directory, this one you have to choose install via directory, then select the component and proceed the installation again
·
Saturday, 10 June 2017 14:41
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Finally I finished the CSS modifications for new version of EASY-DISCUSS and install 4.0.15 on primary site but unfurtunalty 1054 error again!
So I run the scripts in maintenance successfully but these Items are still in the list and error not fixed :/

URL : https://rastchin.com/support/forum
·
Wednesday, 14 June 2017 18:38
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Is it this following sql query still unable to execute it from your database?

// Replace #__ to your table prefix
ALTER TABLE `#__discuss_posts` ADD `private` tinyint(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

If yes, is it can provide us with your Joomla backend, FTP and database access so we can better have a check?
·
Wednesday, 14 June 2017 18:51
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
The query run successfully and after that, I again run the scripts
Everything seems good!

Thank you.
·
Wednesday, 14 June 2017 18:59
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Ops, glad to hear that your issue has been resolved now.

As a gentle reminder, kindly start a new thread if you have any other issue in the future so it will be easier for us to manage your inquiry. I will lock and mark this thread as resolved.
·
Wednesday, 14 June 2017 19:03
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post