By Gregory Chambers on Wednesday, 29 July 2015
Posted in General Issues
Likes 0
Views 375
Votes 0
From front end -- clicking on "View All Posts" link at bottom of category results in a "404 Category Not Found" page. The address box in the browser shows that the link trying to get to the correct category but can't find it. This is most likely a configuration error on my part but I can't find any documentation on where to set the link.
There are two categories shown on the front end blog page: http://essentialchef.com/designDEV/chef-blogs
Both exhibit the same issue.
Where do I specify (or alter) the page that this link points to?
Note that this site is still under development.
Hi Gregory,

In order for easyblog to work properly you need to have at least one "Easyblog (post) frontpage" menu item in order for the url structure to work properly. The menu item will later become the base of your blog url. For example if the menu item alias is called "blog", all of your blog url structure will become like this for example : http://yoursite.com/blog or http://yoursite.com/blog/your-entry-title . Hence it will be easier for easyblog to identify which url structure it should follow for the rest of the components.

This is essentials to avoid some issue like the one you are facing previously. Hope these can clarify your confusion regarding on the menu item structure of easyblog.
·
Thursday, 30 July 2015 01:31
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
hey Gregory,

Can i have permission to help you update to latest version of Easyblog 5.0.17? because it seems like you using the older version.
·
Thursday, 30 July 2015 00:01
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Yes, of course. What do you need from me?
Just to be sure... you are looking at the designDEV version of the site? That site is running version 5.0.9
·
Thursday, 30 July 2015 00:10
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
hey Gregory,

I have help you updated to latest version of Easyblog and created a "Easyblog (Post) frontpage" menu item in your hidden menu, everything is look fine now. Can you give it a try now?

The reason why I need to create a hidden menu for this is because I noticed you only create "EasyBlog ยป (Categories) All Categories" menu item, so when you view blog entry page or view all the post listing, Joomla do not know which is the correct URL should be call so hitting 404, it actually needed a menu item for "Easyblog (Post) frontpage" to define the main Easyblog URL, so the URL will get correctly.

Hope this helps.
·
Thursday, 30 July 2015 00:27
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thank you. The "View All Posts" links are now working properly.

I do not quite understand your final comment above.
Would it have been preferable for me to set "Easyblog (Post) frontpage" as the primary link in the main menu and then perhaps hidden menu items to the individual categories? Essentially the opposite of what the set-up in now? Best to get the configuration correct at this point. Only interested in configuring the correct way. Recommendation?
·
Thursday, 30 July 2015 00:49
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Gregory,

Perhaps you can provide us which URL format you expected? So I can try recommend regarding this?
·
Thursday, 30 July 2015 01:08
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I wasn't expecting any particular URL format. Simply interested in setting up the menus properly. If menus are correct now, then no need to do anything further. Just don't want to leave this issue with the menu structure backwards.
·
Thursday, 30 July 2015 01:18
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post