By Dave Parker on Saturday, 12 July 2014
Posted in General Issues
Replies 32
Likes 0
Views 643
Votes 0
Hi.
I referred to this post today with regard to User URLS

So purchased 404SEF and installed. However, new users are registering, and their profile URLs are still putting the USERID-USERNAME into the addresses. Permalink Profile Names are enabled as required, so I know my users are putting this in.
Any ideas?
Dave
Hello Dave,

Hm, I tried viewing the support account and the permalink does seem to get generated correctly as you can see here, http://guys4guys.social/social/support . Which particular user are you referring to?
·
Saturday, 12 July 2014 00:58
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Mark (why aren't you fast asleep?!!)
Okay, had a new user register today, username is "aaron_smiles". His Permalink is "aaronsmiles" but clicking on his username in the stream takes me to http://www.guys4guys.social/social/151-aaron-smiles
Dave
·
Saturday, 12 July 2014 01:15
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Dave,

Hm, I have a feeling that the indexer is indexing these urls based on Joomla's router and not SH404. SH404 does not actually get's processed in the back end and this could be an issue because these users are being indexed at the back end.

When I deleted these "cached" urls, the URL is now http://www.guys4guys.social/social/aaronsmiles when it get's regenerated again.
·
Saturday, 12 July 2014 14:56
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Mark.
So is there a permanent fix to this as having to remember to track down new accounts, delete them, and then let them regenerate will become cumbersome.
Dave.
·
Saturday, 12 July 2014 17:41
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Just wondered if there is an answer to the reply I posted?

Dave Parker wrote:

Hi Mark.
So is there a permanent fix to this as having to remember to track down new accounts, delete them, and then let them regenerate will become cumbersome.
Dave.
·
Thursday, 17 July 2014 00:27
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi guys...
Would really appreciate an answer to the above question regarding sh4040SEF.
Dave
·
Tuesday, 22 July 2014 17:46
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Dave,

I am really sorry for the delay of this reply. I am currently investigating your issue and will get back to you at the soonest
Sam
·
Wednesday, 23 July 2014 11:40
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Doesn't Profile URL app make this work or Whats the difference between what the Profile URL app does and 404SEF
·
Wednesday, 23 July 2014 15:53
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Dave,

I am sorry for the delay of this reply.

Regarding your issue, I've fixed the issue on your site and now your user profile url no longer have the user id
The issue was caused by the EasySocial user plugin which generated wrong user profile url during the user registration process.

The fix will be added into next release of EasySocial as well
Hope this help and have a nice day
Sam
·
Wednesday, 23 July 2014 16:15
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi David,

The issue was caused by EasySocial user plugin and nothing to do with Profile URL app
Hope this help and have a nice day
Sam
·
Wednesday, 23 July 2014 16:17
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello,

I have the same problem, it seems that was not fixed
·
Monday, 09 February 2015 02:07
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Cristiano,

Regarding your issue, can you send us your site admin access and your ftp account so that we can take a look at your issue again?
Please advise.
Sam
·
Monday, 09 February 2015 10:32
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Could you post the solution here, since I don't have to redo it every time want to update my website.

Best Regards
·
Sunday, 22 February 2015 08:34
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Cristiano,

We are sorry but we haven't receive your site access yet.
·
Sunday, 22 February 2015 11:47
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Guys.
I would like to report that this error is again present. I am now getting the old problem again where the URLs are not following the permalink, and getting the user profile prefixed with the userID.
Dave
·
Sunday, 22 February 2015 20:10
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Dave Parker wrote:

Hi Guys.
I would like to report that this error is again present. I am now getting the old problem again where the URLs are not following the permalink, and getting the user profile prefixed with the userID.
Dave

This is a bug, a year old and has not been solved
·
Sunday, 22 February 2015 23:28
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hm, what issues do you guys have with SH404? I don't seem to see any login credentials provided. Please provide us with the access to the site to reproduce this.
·
Monday, 23 February 2015 00:03
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Mark.
Have entered the back end details below in the site details tab. The issue seems to only be affecting new users. I have also noticed that groups and events do not respect the permalink names either.
I know a fix was put in some months ago, so maybe there is a hangover from that is conflicting with the software?
Dave
·
Monday, 23 February 2015 16:46
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Dave,

I'm so sorry for the late reply. I've checked your file and seems like it has updated to latest and the URL of the user will get the permalink if the user has filled it in during registration. As I test by registering new user in your site and filled the permalink, the URL for that particular user is using the permalink instead of username. Same goes to event and group. You might want to purge the URL for Easysocial and see how it goes.
·
Wednesday, 25 February 2015 20:27
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Nik.
I have done this, and we will see what happens when new users register, as I have now enforced the entry of the Permalink field when people register. However, as a suggestion, maybe in a future release, if the permalink field isn't filled in, perhaps it could default to the username?

On the Groups/Events issue, this remains, in as much as a group or event is being prefixed with the ID number - for example:

Non-SEF URL index.php?option=com_easysocial&Itemid=660&id=32&lang=en&layout=item&view=groups is created in 404Sef as groups/groups/item/32-eurovision-2015 (The permalink for this group is filled out (eurovision-2015)).

This affects not only the individual groups, but the categories as well:

Non-SEF URL index.php?option=com_easysocial&Itemid=660&id=5&lang=en&layout=category&view=groups is created in 404Sef as groups/groups/category/5-music-film-tv-theatre (again, being prefixed with the ID).

The same applies to Events.

I've cleared down the sef URLS to ensure that these weren't hang-over sefs, but when regenerated, they are generated as shown above.

Dave
·
Friday, 27 February 2015 23:26
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
you could build a plugin, with these functions, similar to Jomsocial:

·
Saturday, 28 February 2015 08:26
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
These are not plugins as far as i recall as I spoke with the Yannick in a conference last year. These are hardcoded within SH404 and we wouldn't be able to add this unless SH404 adds them. I am not sure if this has changed since then
·
Sunday, 01 March 2015 15:34
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Guys.

Something very weird is happening on the website - which may be related to the above.

User profiles URLs are not matching up.

For example, I have a user "Chanser Dykes". His Username is chanser14, as his Permalink. However, if you try to browse to his user profile of https://guys4guys.social/social/chanser14 the site returns a 404 error. Instead, it thinks his profile URL is https://guys4guys.social/social/chans

Another user, SHAWNY has a profile of "literally" even though none of his fields even mention this - it's like it's a random username.

Where is it getting this, and why is ES and sh404sef not respecting user permalink addresses, even though it is now mandatory on my site for users to enter this?

It's happening to all new users, and it doesn't make sense to me where the system is getting this information, and why it's generating wrong and irrelevant user profile URLs.

This is quite urgent guys as it's screwing the site and people complaining that their "permalink" username doesn't match.

Dave
·
Monday, 02 March 2015 05:37
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Dave,

I am sorry for the late reply.
I have inspected your site and have done some debugging, and I have found out that chanser14 user's permalink is chans. So that why it always use chans as the url. I have fixed this in the database and this should display correctly.

As for shawny, I have found out that SH404SEF still storing the older url of the user. I have remove the older url, and now it should display shawny as its permalink in the url.

I have apply some fix in your site in this file: .../media/com_easysocial/apps/fields/user/permalink/permalink.php at line 218. This fix will be included in the next releases.

Can you verify for me this issue is resolved?
·
Monday, 02 March 2015 19:01
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Mohd Yasser,

I have apply some fix in your site in this file: .../media/com_easysocial/apps/fields/user/permalink/permalink.php at line 218. This fix will be included in the next releases.

Could you post this change here so I can replace in my site.

Thanks
·
Tuesday, 03 March 2015 08:37
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
HI Christiano,

Here is the fix:

public function onEdit( &$post, &$user, $errors )
{
// This a fix for the url doesn't use the permalink of the user when edit.
$value = !empty( $post[ $this->inputName ] ) ? $post[ $this->inputName ] : $user->permalink; // line 218

Hope this helps.
·
Tuesday, 03 March 2015 10:27
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Nik.
Thanks.
Quick question - if a user was to change their permalink field, does the fix search the sh404Sef database and either add, remove or update this to reflect the change to the field? If not, then the only option we will have is to prevent users for being able to edit their permalink field otherwise the sh404sef could get confusing.
Dave
·
Tuesday, 03 March 2015 19:44
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Dave,

Unfortunately right now there is no way to actually access the database in SH404 to update the permalink
·
Tuesday, 03 March 2015 23:36
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Guys...
Just wanted to alert you that this problem still exists in V 1.3.20. I now enforce all users to enter their permalink field as part of the registration process, regardless of how they register (full profile registration, quick registration and by social networks).
However, SEF url's are not respecting this. It appears the SEF URL is still using the username and prefixing it with the account ID.
Example:
User on the site, "Ianrob", has a permalink of "bryan1940" but you cannot navigate to guys4guys.social/social/bryan1940 as you get a 404 error, because the URL of his profile is guys4guys.social/social/1336-lanrob
Dave
·
Wednesday, 11 March 2015 15:33
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Dave,

Thanks for the reminder and sorry for the late reply. Since this post is too long, I'm a bit lost here. Did use SH404? Have you purge the URL so that it can be regenerate again? Also, I was not able to access your site as it keeps loading.
·
Wednesday, 11 March 2015 22:55
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Nik.
Okay - Mohd Yasser on Monday, March 02 2015, 07:01 PM updated this post saying he'd put a fix in for the permalink issue.
Yes, I use sh404. However, in my example above, this is a brand new person who registered in the last few days.
My point here is that somewhere between ES and sh404 permalinks are not being respected, and instead sef URLs are being created when new users sign up using their "UserID"-"UserName" format.
I've checked the site and it is up and running, so don't know why you cannot access it.
·
Wednesday, 11 March 2015 23:05
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Dave,

For the 404 issue, I've tried to delete URL (guys4guys.social/social/1336-lanrob) from your SH404SEF to let it regenerate again and it is working. The URL for that person now is guys4guys.social/social/bryan1940. As for the New Register user, I've tried to register to your site and my it does get my permalink to be used in the URL instead of my username. Did I missed anything?
·
Thursday, 12 March 2015 13:04
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post