By LAC Webadmin on Thursday, 25 August 2016
Posted in Technical Issues
Replies 5
Likes 0
Views 260
Votes 0
Hi,

I'm using J3.6.2, ES v1.4.12, and SH404SEF. I created a menu item for Dashboard and other menu items like Login and Registration. The rest of the views I did not create a menu item.

My Dashboard SEF URL generated by SH404SEF is /my-community/dashboard. Strange thing is it also generates a url for index.php?option=com_easysocial&lang=en so the SEF is /my-community.

Is this normal? The non-SEF url has no view, does that mean ES does not have default view set in the controller? It is just annoying because I am using a different template for anything ES menu item. Since there's no menu item created for this generated URL (no Itemid) then the page will load using the default template and not the template I use for all ES pages.

Thanks,

Jackson
Hi there,

Is this you're referring to ( http://screencast.com/t/BcsKG3KIVWI )? If yes, you can set the url that consist itemid as main.

Hope this helps.
·
Thursday, 25 August 2016 11:37
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Muhammad,

Yes, I saw that and that's what I did but every time I purge the URLs in sh404 it always defaults the one without Itemid.

Well, I just created a custom url with an Itemid so it defaults to it.

Thanks!

Jackson
·
Friday, 26 August 2016 00:15
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
You are most welcome. Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved now.

As a gentle reminder, kindly start a new thread if you have any other issue in the future so it will be easier for us to manage your inquiry. I will lock and mark this thread as resolved.
·
Friday, 26 August 2016 10:23
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Fadhli,

I guess the best answer would be is to know if this issue with URL is caused by SH404SEF or Joomla or EasySocial. If that duplicate generated URL is caused by sh404sef then I guess what I did is a workaround and we can't do anything about it. But if that is caused by EasySocial code then I guess, although, a small thing, we should fix it. Don't you think?

For me, StackIdeas products are the best in Joomla world, if there is such comparison, I would say Apple products of Joomla. Well built, well thought of, well designed. I also believe that is because you guys listens to your customers. I think if I ask sh404sef about this they would refer me back to you guys, see the difference? That's why StackIdeas have the best support in Joomla... for me, and I guess for most of your customers.

Thanks,
Jackson
·
Saturday, 27 August 2016 00:40
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey there,

I am really sorry for the delay of this reply as it is a weekend for us here.

We will lock this issue into our issue tracker and see if this issue related with our code.

If yes, we will see if we can fix this in the next release version.
·
Saturday, 27 August 2016 20:00
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post