By DeeEmm on Saturday, 18 April 2015
Posted in Technical Issues
Replies 5
Likes 0
Views 407
Votes 0
Hi I have just installed EasySocial and migrated from JomSocial.

The migration has been okay and everything works fine but trying to view a profile results in a 404 error.

Temporarily I have SEF URLs disabled so that the site works. The issue seems to be related to the way in which SEF URLs are processed.

SEF URLs were working fine on JomSocial and appear to work fine for most of the site.

I am running Nginx and so URL directives are in the nginx/sites-enabled/conf file and not within .htaccess as with Apache. I do not believe that the issue is with the rewrite rules as I am using the standard recommended Nginx directives as listed by joomla, plus everything was working before I installed easysocial.

Please advise.

DM
Hello DeeEmm,

I am really sorry for the delay of this reply as it is a weekend for us here. It looks like Jomsocial's menu items under Jomsocial toolbar menu is messed up but I have trashed these menu items and the profile link works fine now

Because the menu item 'profile', is associated with one of the menus under Jomsocial toolbar, Joomla thinks that you are trying to access jomsocial. It's more of an 'alias' conflict
·
Sunday, 19 April 2015 12:22
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello DM,

I am really sorry for the delay of this reply as it is a weekend for us here. I tried to access your site with the provided login credentials but unfortunately they aren't working for me Can you please advise? This is the error that I am hitting, http://screen.stackideas.com/2015-04-19_0216.png
·
Sunday, 19 April 2015 02:17
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Sorry, wrong username. I've modified the OP details.
·
Sunday, 19 April 2015 08:33
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks Mark.

Much appreciated.

DM