By Liykiboomi on Monday, 29 August 2016
Posted in Technical Issues
Replies 10
Likes 0
Views 704
Votes 0
Users on my site are reporting that they get a 404 error page when they click on the link in email notifications to open EasyDiscuss discussions.

I did some trouble shooting and realized that this is due to the ACL setting for each category. If a user is not logged in to my site, and their sessions still active, then they get a 404 error if they try to open a discussion in a category that is not accessible to "Public" or "Guest".

Other components seem to handle this differently; you get an error message that you don't have access to the item you are trying to view, and present a login form. Can this be done for EasyDiscuss?
Hi there,

You have to control the "Permission" under Backend>Components>EasyDiscuss>Categories>*Your Type of Categories*>Permissions as shown http://prntscr.com/cbj1u7. Please give it a try and see how it goes.
·
Monday, 29 August 2016 10:43
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
So all discussions within any category must be viewable by "Guest" in order to avoid this 404 error? I was hoping to be able to restrict viewing discussions within certain categories only to those who have signed up for a member account on my website; is this not possible?
·
Tuesday, 30 August 2016 15:14
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi there,

For suggestion, you can try follow my step below:

1. Go to Backend>System>Global Configuration>Users>User Option and set "Guest User group" as "Guest"
2. Then go to Backend>Components>EasyDiscuss>Categories>*Your Type of Categories*>Permissions untick "Guest" and tick "Public" under "View Discussion"

This option will allowed only people that have the url of the post can view and have access to the post.
·
Tuesday, 30 August 2016 16:01
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Ok, I'll try that.
·
Tuesday, 30 August 2016 16:13
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi there,

Keep us updated then
·
Tuesday, 30 August 2016 16:13
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi!

Tried the steps given above but it doesn't seem to solve the issue. Currently anyone with the link from the email can view the post even if they haven't logged in.

What I'm looking at is making these posts inaccessible to the public, and if someone does visit the link and isn't logged in, they get redirected to the login page. How can I go about that?

Looking forward to a positive response!
·
Tuesday, 13 December 2016 18:25
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Tarun,

In order to do that, you have to enable "Enable Error Redirection" at backend>Components>EasyDiscuss>Settings>Advance as shown http://screencast.com/t/lx0y0uOVJhjl. If the problems till persist, maybe you can create a new ticket as it is easier for us to manage ticket and for faster respond regarding this issues.
·
Tuesday, 13 December 2016 19:00
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi,

Thanks a ton, that worked!

Cheers!
·
Tuesday, 13 December 2016 20:34
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
You are most welcome, glad that your issues are resolved now.
·
Tuesday, 13 December 2016 23:46
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post