By Randall McCallum on Wednesday, 18 December 2013
Posted in Technical Issues
Likes 0
Views 1K
Votes 0
I just installed EasyDiscuss 3.2.9248 on my site to see if it would clear up some issues from the last version of EasyDiscuss. No luck.

I still can't seem to SAVE SETTINGS. I am trying to turn certain things to YES or No in EasyDiscuss backend, but the buttons do not hold in place once I change them and click save.

They snap back to the original state, even though I see the message that the settings were saved. It makes it real hard for me to tell what state SETTINGS are in YES or NO.
I have been struggling with this for weeks now, and it is not a cache issue because I clear the cache often.

See my ascreencast: http://screencast.com/t/KHyBOV3mxNh1

Any assistance from support to get this fixed would be appreciated. I have wasted the better part of today trying to resolve this longstanding issue.

Randall
Hello Mohamed Sakhri,

I am really sorry for the delay of this reply as it is a weekend for us here.
We have checked in your site again, it seems like all the ajax call didn't load -> http://screencast.com/t/jV29ZeQS
Then we noticed this URL from Easydiscuss page :

http://www.mjma3.com/administrator/?option=com_easydiscuss&tmpl=component&no_html //without index.php

We have help you solved it, add the index.php in your file, JoomlaFolder\media\foundry\3.1\scripts\component.js
LINE 91

self.ajaxUrl = options.ajaxUrl || $.basePath + "/?option=" + self.componentName;
//Replace with
self.ajaxUrl = options.ajaxUrl || $.basePath + "/index.php?option=" + self.componentName;

Hope this help.
·
Saturday, 19 April 2014 14:14
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Randall,

Sorry for late reply to this,
That is me again. Today i have tried to replicate with your issues "can't save setting from your backend Easydiscuss" , but i still can't reproduce this issues from my screen.
See my video : http://screencast.com/t/XruQTwZp
Could you can try another pc and see how it goes? Please advise.

*Testing from Google chrome Version 31.0.1650.63 m
·
Wednesday, 18 December 2013 10:33
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Arlex,

I'm facing the same issue with the version 3.2.9422. I'm using Joomla 2.5.

P.S: I've already provided you with the Joomla backend access via mail as response to your first reply.

Best regards
Mohamed
·
Sunday, 13 April 2014 02:58
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Mohamed Sakhri,

I am really sorry for the delay of this reply as it is a weekend for us here.
I didn't receive any your Joomla backend access from my email, but you also can put the information in the optional information field below. Don't worry about privacy. Only Support team can view the information.
·
Sunday, 13 April 2014 20:23
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Arlex,

No problem, I'm aware of the possible delay in the weekend.

The access Information are delivered with this reply.

Best regards
Mohamed
·
Sunday, 13 April 2014 20:33
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Mohamed Sakhri,

I have tried to access in your site, but suddenly pop-up this message in my screen "This webpage is not available" check my screenshot : http://screencast.com/t/DlGvQJtm
Please advise.
·
Sunday, 13 April 2014 20:41
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Arlex,

I disabled Gzip and the site is accessible now. I've reset the error reporting level in configuration.php as well, please feel free to change it if you need to.

Best regards
Mohamed
·
Sunday, 13 April 2014 21:04
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Mohamed Sakhri,

Can I upload/install the Easydiscuss component in your site and see how it goes? Please advise.
·
Sunday, 13 April 2014 21:29
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Arlex,

Yes, you have my permission to do so.

Best regards
Mohamed
·
Sunday, 13 April 2014 21:33
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Arlex,

would you please update me if you have found something about the issue? I would like to know if the plugins you had disabled should stay so or can I re-enable them?

Best regards
Mohamed
·
Monday, 14 April 2014 19:23
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Mohamed Sakhri,

Sorry for delayed of this reply,
I still investigate on this issues. Yes, you can enable back which plugin i disabled before, I'm sorry that make you inconvenience.
·
Monday, 14 April 2014 19:51
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Arlex,

Thank you for your effort

As I mentioned in my first comment, only the "yes/no" settings cannot be saved. The settings where I have to type something or change values are saved instantly. I hope this could help you.

Best regards
Mohamed
·
Tuesday, 15 April 2014 00:28
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Mohamed Sakhri,

May i ask your site Apache is it got any mod_security installed? Or something like PHP Security - Suhosin extension? Please advise.
·
Tuesday, 15 April 2014 00:39
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Arlex,

I haven't installed any kind of these extensions in my Joomla backend. I've contacted my site's hoster to get more information about Apache and PHP security settings.

Best regards
Mohamed
·
Tuesday, 15 April 2014 01:00
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Mohamed Sakhri,

Okay, keep us updated then.
·
Tuesday, 15 April 2014 01:21
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Arlex,

"Yes we have mod_sec on our shared servers", this is my Host's reply. I hope this would help you.

Best regards
Mohamed
·
Tuesday, 15 April 2014 23:45
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Arlex,

please share if there are any rules that should be whitelisted by my host. They have whiteisted some rules but the issue remains.

Best regards
Mohamed
·
Wednesday, 16 April 2014 20:37
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Mohamed Sakhri,

I'm really sorry that delayed of this reply,
Actually i have tried to debugging in your site before you answered
"Yes we have mod_sec on our shared servers", this is my Host's reply. I hope this would help you.

What result i get is when i choose any option to "No" and click save, i get the var_dump message is string(1) "1", mean when i select "No" option, then it doesn't pass the correct value in the database, the result should be show "0".

I'm noticed got 1 weird thing, when i tried to var_dump out the $value from this file JoomlaFolder\administrator\components\com_easydiscuss\controllers\settings.php
I getting this :
string(21) "اسأل المجمع"

Is it possible temporary to disable your site mod_security and see the setting is it can be saved? Because we are trying to get rid of which possibility factor causing this issues out. Thanks for cooperation.
·
Wednesday, 16 April 2014 23:49
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Arlex,

Thanks for your effort and the information you shared.

I told my host's support about the issue and the mod_sec and I'm awaiting their reply.
I have a question though: could this issue be caused by the Arabic translation of EasyDisqus I've installed?

Best regards
Mohamed
·
Thursday, 17 April 2014 01:41
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Mohamed Sakhri,

You're welcome, we should do that what we found out on this issues, but I'm really sorry that I still haven't solve your issues yet

Okay, keep us updated then. Hmm, that issues was not related the Arabic translation language, don't worry of that.
·
Thursday, 17 April 2014 02:09
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Arlex,

The support team said the permissions are ok and they aren't preventing the settings from being saved! The cause of the issue should be something else.

I would suggest contacting Randall, who started this topic and has the same issue, and ask him if he managed to resolve it. Please keep me updated ASAP.

Best regards
Mohamed
·
Saturday, 19 April 2014 04:06
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Arlex,

Well done and many thanks to you, the problem is solved

Best regards
Mohamed
·
Thursday, 24 April 2014 01:18
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Mohamed Sakhri,

You're welcome, glad to heard your issues resolved.
·
Thursday, 24 April 2014 01:24
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post