By Julius de Kempenaer on Wednesday, 26 November 2014
Posted in Technical Issues
Replies 3
Likes 0
Views 800
Votes 0
Hi there,

I have part of ED setup as a closed forum which is only accessible for registered users that belong to a certain Joomla ACL group. When a new post or a reply is posted in that section there are two things happening which I think should not.

1. Notifications mails are also sent out to users who are not members of that group and therefore have no access to that ED category. These are people that have signed themselves up for a 'site-subscription'. i think they should be excluded from receiving notification mails for areas where they do not have access?

2. When a user gets the notification message in the mail. The link to 'view this discussion' leads to my error-404 page where I would expect a login page..

with regard to 2. the error-404 is captured by an error.php file in my template

thx for your help
Hello Julius de Kempenaer ,

Sorry for late reply to this,
Yes, they should not get the email notification, do you mean those non-member getting the 404 error when they click on "view this discussion" button from email notification ? If yes, can you provide us with your Joomla backend so that we can help you check on this?
·
Wednesday, 26 November 2014 23:14
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Arlex, sorry for my late reply to this thread. I got side tracked but ran into the issue again today.

appreciate your help on this and yes indeed the 404 gets triggered when they click on 'view this discussion' in the email. I saw that someone else ran into the same issue after me.

The sending of notifiction mails to people that have no access to a discuss category is separate i think
·
Thursday, 18 December 2014 05:28
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Julius,

I've created a test user and assign the user in NLD usergroup which has a permission to view the post in NLD / OVG Asset Management. And then, I've tried access the same link I get from the email notification (https://www.relativerotationgraphs.com/forum/14-12-16-update-aex-amx-stocks), I can see the post. But if I remove this user from the NLD usergroup, I get the 404 error. Here means, to view the post, you must have a permission to do so. As for the notification sent to subscribers, when I add a reply, the none of the notification has been sent to the subscribers: http://screen.stackideas.com/2014-12-18_1245.png .
·
Thursday, 18 December 2014 12:46
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post