By René Balke on Wednesday, 18 November 2015
Posted in General
Replies 35
Likes 0
Views 1.5K
Votes 0
hi there, i saw that my easyblog doesnt show module there are loads with loadposition inside an blog entry. On Joomla 2.5 it worked well. how can i enable this Feature in joomla 3.4?

thanks in advance

Rene
Hey Rene,

Do you mean Joomla feature `Content - Load Modules` ?

By right it should also work fine in Joomla 3.4.x , if you have issue with this, perhaps you can provide us with your Joomla backend and FTP access into http://stackideas.com/dashboard/site so we can take a look of this.

By the way, It looks like your subscription has expired and in order for you to continue requesting for support, you will need an active subscription. If you have already renewed, please let us know so that we can correct this for your account.

Thank you for understanding.
·
Wednesday, 18 November 2015 18:29
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
dear Arlex here are a example: https://www.vertragstresor.de/blog/archiv-unseres-blogs/entry/2014/01/04/das-digitale-schliessfach-guenstig-clever-dokumente-schuetzen

you see loadposition is show as plain text. in the plugins i cant see a content plugin from easyblog. i tought "plugin load module" needs a content plugin to load the modules? isn't it?
·
Wednesday, 18 November 2015 18:40
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
i added site details
·
Wednesday, 18 November 2015 18:40
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Rene,

Ensure you have enabled this plugin from your backend plugin manager -> Content - Load Modules

By the way, It looks like your subscription has expired and in order for you to continue requesting for support, you will need an active subscription. If you have already renewed, please let us know so that we can correct this for your account.

Thank you for understanding.
·
Wednesday, 18 November 2015 19:08
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
yes the plugin is enabled. i can look by my self. i need only a note.
·
Wednesday, 18 November 2015 19:43
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
is the last easyblog 5 Version compatible with 3.9? if i buy the new Version can i overwrite eb 3.9 without any Errors and use with the same template?
·
Wednesday, 18 November 2015 20:02
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Rene,

I am sorry for the delay of this reply,

is the last easyblog 5 Version compatible with 3.9? if i buy the new Version can i overwrite eb 3.9 without any Errors and use with the same template?

I would like recommended before you upgrade to Easyblog 5 in your live site, you have to setup a development site and move your current 3.9 Easyblog table into dev site, then test upgrade and see is it upgrade to Easyblog 5 without any conflict your current site template styling.
·
Thursday, 19 November 2015 12:27
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
i bought the last easyblog now, but the new one has bugs.. some language-entrys arent translated. now hodgepodge of english and german.

the theme isnt showing. i used elegantwhite before. but what i see isn't elegantwhite. i tried some setting changes, but the theme isnt changed. the post looks ugly.

please help
·
Saturday, 28 November 2015 02:50
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
i have rebuild css files, but i saw that your changed the html code classes and id for elegantwhite. all my css hacks are brocken. the complete site looks ugly :-(

i changed to an other theme. but here also some css are false. example: https://www.vertragstresor.de/blog/archiv-unseres-blogs/entry/2013/11/05/bessere-zahngesundheit-ohne-praxisgebuehr?chronoform=Umfrage&event=submit

you see some descritions arent correct "inline-block".

And the Twitter Button is overlayed the facebook button. And here also some translations are missing..

Comments field is activated but not showing?! So i can enter an comment or see old comments.

i'm not amused about that :-/

best regards

rene

PS: i bought it only to check that loadpositions works again. because you wouldnt help for this issue... :-(
·
Saturday, 28 November 2015 04:07
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
PS: so i found the language updater.. just wondering why not automaticly updated by the install routine?!
i found also the theme rebuld files button. after some new css hacks the block looks okay, but not like before :-/

the comments-Fields is still missing.

feed importer doesnt work also. cron every 10 min is set but nothing happend. also task=cron wont help. only on click "test" import the feed entries.

finder plugin doesnt work also

module archive: on click on a month it shows a calender not a list anymore. how can i change that?
·
Saturday, 28 November 2015 14:33
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey there,

I am really sorry for the delay of this reply as it is a weekend for us here.

PS: so i found the language updater.. just wondering why not automaticly updated by the install routine?!
i found also the theme rebuld files button. after some new css hacks the block looks okay, but not like before :-/

Yes, you have to update your language through the language updater in Easyblog 5.

the comments-Fields is still missing.

You can enable from backend > Easyblog > ACL> public/guest user group > comment tab > post comment - YES

feed importer doesnt work also. cron every 10 min is set but nothing happend. also task=cron wont help. only on click "test" import the feed entries.

Can you provide us with your FTP access as well? You can put your site detail into -> http://stackideas.com/dashboard/site

finder plugin doesnt work also

Do you mean can't find the post when you search something in your site?

module archive: on click on a month it shows a calender not a list anymore. how can i change that?

Unfortunately that was not possible to change it back, because we already separated that archive listing view. In Easyblog 5, you have to manually archive the post from your site, so it will display on the archive listing view. You can take a look of my attached screenshot below.

By the way, I unable to access in your Joomla backend, can you provide us with your security code? Because when I try to access your Joomla backend page then it required verification code.
·
Monday, 30 November 2015 11:29
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
dear Arlex,

i updated the site details. i installed the extplorer so you have access to the files with this components.

comments: ACL -> Comments is enabled for public. But not showing.

i have installed the module blog archive. it shows a list of month and numbers of posts. but on a click on a month it shows a calender above. and on every day the number of posts. with the easyblog 3.x it shows not a calender. it show a list of the posts directly. i need this back.

feed importer doesnt still work.

finder doesnt work. indexer breaks

best regards

Rene
·
Monday, 30 November 2015 13:27
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Rene,

Thanks for getting back to us quickly,

I've tried to access in your Joomla backend , but i hitting this :

Warning
You do not have access to the Administrator section of this site.

please advise.

i have installed the module blog archive. it shows a list of month and numbers of posts. but on a click on a month it shows a calender above. and on every day the number of posts. with the easyblog 3.x it shows not a calender. it show a list of the posts directly. i need this back.

Unfortunately that was not possible to revert back to Easyblog 3.9 archive listing view.
·
Monday, 30 November 2015 13:43
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Dear Arlex,

this isnt acceptable for me. please talk with your seo so that integrate the list view again. the calender view is very uncomfortable and ugly. also it shows onliy "..." instead of the posts title.

i have disabled the firewall. so you can try again.
·
Monday, 30 November 2015 13:49
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Rene,

I have help you enabled back the comment form in your site. Then I noticed when you update to Easyblog 5 , you do not have install Easyblog module/plugins, can I have the permission re-run again Easyblog installation so that I can make sure all the file is get updated?

Because that Easyblog smart search plugin is still using 3.9.2 version then causing this finder index issue.

this isnt acceptable for me. please talk with your seo so that integrate the list view again. the calender view is very uncomfortable and ugly. also it shows onliy "..." instead of the posts title.

I already discuss with our developer, unfortunately that was not possible to revert back to listing view, perhaps I can help you extend the pop up listing view to longer? You can take a look of my screenshot below.

Regarding this issue, can i have your Cpanel access so I can take a look of your cron command is it setup correctly?
Also, can i have the permission to test import your feed in your Easyblog?
·
Monday, 30 November 2015 16:39
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Dear Arlex,

you can re-install module/plugins so that esayblog 5 correctly works.

I bought a Upgrade not a downgrade. I can't understand to delete the list view of the archive.

Do you really think the calender view is helpfull? NO it isn't.

User have to move the mouse to every day to look what for posts are on these day. That is more a bad joke as an helpfull Feature. The Archive Module is obsolete in this view.

Sorry for that. i'm really afraid about that.
·
Monday, 30 November 2015 16:54
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
coudl you please a look to comment fields. it isnt correctly loaded; https://www.vertragstresor.de/blog/archiv-unseres-blogs/entry/2014/11/08/rueckforderung-bearbeitungsentgelt-fuer-kredite

editor isnt right showing.
·
Monday, 30 November 2015 17:10
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Rene,

May i know do you have do any customization in Easyblog 5? Because I would like to re-install Easyblog in your site.

I bought a Upgrade not a downgrade. I can't understand to delete the list view of the archive.

Do you really think the calender view is helpfull? NO it isn't.

User have to move the mouse to every day to look what for posts are on these day. That is more a bad joke as an helpfull Feature. The Archive Module is obsolete in this view.

Sorry for that. i'm really afraid about that.

Thanks for your feedback, I will discuss with our developer again and see if we can add back in the future release version or not.

coudl you please a look to comment fields. it isnt correctly loaded; https://www.vertragstresor.de/blog/archiv-unseres-blogs/entry/2014/11/08/rueckforderung-bearbeitungsentgelt-fuer-kredite

editor isnt right showing.

I will check this after I re-run the Easyblog installation in your site.
·
Monday, 30 November 2015 17:40
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
hi Arlex, i have no code hacks in easyblog 5
·
Monday, 30 November 2015 17:49
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I have applied some css fix for the comment section in this file -> JoomlaFolder/templates/design052014blog/css/template.css

div#fd.eb .eb-comment-form {
padding: 15px !important;
margin-top: 20px !important;
}

Is there possible consult with your webhosting provider to create a FTP account for us? Because I am afraid that when I debug through Explorer component, later if I can't revert back my debug code so it will causing your site unable to view.

Regarding this issue, can i have your Cpanel access so I can take a look of your cron command is it setup correctly?
Also, can i have the permission to test import your feed in your Easyblog?
·
Monday, 30 November 2015 18:43
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Dear Arlex, i use XTCronjob as joomla component. so you will find the cronjob there.

the comments field isn't nice. name and email field are long but small. the captcha is to little. i have problem to read this. my guest are around 50plus. these people cannot read this. send button is small. bootstrap has so many options and your comment field bad.

do you like the layout of the comment field?

the indexer is still doesnt work
·
Monday, 30 November 2015 19:39
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
could you please check the twitter share button. this button is over the Facebook button..
·
Monday, 30 November 2015 19:45
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Rene,

I have applied some css fix in this file JoomlaFolder/templates/design052014blog/css/template.css

div#fd.eb .eb-comment-form {
padding: 15px !important;
margin-top: 20px !important;
}

div#fd.eb .is-large .eb-share-facebook .facebook-like {
width: 80px !important;
}

div#fd.eb .eb-comment-form .form-control {
height: 55px !important;
width: 50% !important;
}

div#fd.eb .eb-comment-captcha-img {
height: 53px !important;
}

div#fd.eb .eb-comment-captcha-form {
width: initial !important;
}

div#fd.eb .eb-comment-captcha-img img {
width: 150px !important;
}

Can you check my attached file and see that comment form and social button is it look good now?

the indexer is still doesnt work

Is there possible consult with your webhosting provider to create a FTP account for us? Because I am afraid that when I debug through Explorer component, later if I can't revert back my debug code so it will causing your site unable to view.

I have modified some code in this file -> JoomlaFolder/components/com_easyblog/cron.php
It should work fine now.
·
Tuesday, 01 December 2015 10:56
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Dear Arlex, thanks in advance. the comment field is now better. i updated the sitedetails. i hope this will help you.
·
Tuesday, 01 December 2015 13:17
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Rene,

It seems like you have installed a lot of plugins in your site, so when I temporary renamed this 3 folder from JoomlaFolder/plugins/.. (Check my screenshot below.) , the finder is working fine.

I believe one of the plugins causing this issue. By the way, I already help you index again, it should work fine now.
You can take a look of my second screenshot below.
·
Tuesday, 01 December 2015 18:28
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
hi Arlex,

thanks for this Information. i take a look around.

i have one question more:

https://www.vertragstresor.de/blog/archiv-unseres-blogs/entry/2014/03/24/einen-handyvertrag-sinnvoll-verlaengern

the entry post has endet. easy blog Show now an error 400 page. it is better to Redirect to the blog main page an Show an Info message "Post isn't longer reachable"

thanks
·
Wednesday, 02 December 2015 20:43
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Rene,

You're welcome, actually that was default behaviour in Easyblog 5 for prevent Google re-index that invalid post page.

If you would like to change this default behaviour, you can modify on this file -> JoomlaFolder\components\com_easyblog\views\entry\view.html.php

//LINE 35 - 37
if (!$id || !$post->id) {
return JError::raiseError(404, JText::_('COM_EASYBLOG_ENTRY_BLOG_NOT_FOUND'));
}

//Replace with

$mainframe = JFactory::getApplication();
if (!$id || !$post->id) {
$mainframe->redirect( EBR::_('index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=latest', false) ,JText::_('COM_EASYBLOG_ENTRY_BLOG_NOT_FOUND'));
$mainframe->close();
}

Hope this help.
·
Thursday, 03 December 2015 11:20
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Arlex, i changed the lines but the redirect doesnt work. error page is the same
·
Thursday, 03 December 2015 14:00
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Rene,

It seems like it goes to another checking, I already help you modified just now I pointed you that file, it work fine now.

Can you give it a check now?
·
Thursday, 03 December 2015 18:18
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
ah nice work.. thanks Arlex.

i hope now your developer had a good heart to add the list view in the Archive again. :-)
·
Thursday, 03 December 2015 18:25
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
You're welcome Rene

Remember backup this file JoomlaFolder\components\com_easyblog\views\entry\view.html.php before you update to next new version because this only hack for you.

i hope now your developer had a good heart to add the list view in the Archive again. :-)

Yes, I already consulted with our developer regarding this, we will add back this archive listing in Easyblog 5.1 and allow user can decide what they wanted to view on calendar style or normal listing from the archive view.
·
Thursday, 03 December 2015 18:39
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
yeahhhh

why is the 400 Redirect only a hack? isn't better for all users to Redirect to the main blog page if the post not longer reachable (unplublished)? ;-)

Beste regards

René
·
Thursday, 03 December 2015 18:43
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Yeah, that was good for the redirection if the post is invalid, but at the same time it will affected Google webmaster SEO result.

And this is not recommended by Google is because it will index these post URL prevent Google re-index that invalid post page.
·
Thursday, 03 December 2015 19:07
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
dear Arlex,

i found an other bug. the print button doesnt work or get an page 500 error?! example:

https://www.vertragstresor.de/blog/archiv-unseres-blogs/entry/2013/10/14/aktiv-gegen-alterseinsamkeit-schreckgespenst-alleinsein-im-alter

if you click on "print" it opend a popup but it doenst Show the blog article to print it's Redirect to the Login-page.

can you help please?

best regards

Rene
·
Monday, 07 December 2015 17:22
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey René,

it seems like only this post causing the issue, if you view another post it work fine.

Actually that was not a bug, I noticed this post https://www.vertragstresor.de/blog/archiv-unseres-blogs/entry/2013/10/14/aktiv-gegen-alterseinsamkeit-schreckgespenst-alleinsein-im-alter you have include this
{loadposition reg_mod}

Can you check this module is it only registered user can view? If yes, then you have to find out this module and set 'access' to public, or remove this code, it should work perfect fine.
·
Monday, 07 December 2015 19:08
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post