By Jean on Wednesday, 01 July 2015
Posted in Technical Issues
Likes 0
Views 604
Votes 0
I am having problems with Updating Blog posts. I tried with a fresh installation of Joomla and EasyBlog with out success, problem still exists.

When I make a new Blog post and write it finish, publishing it works sometimes. If I want to update the Blog post, the update button just spins and spins with out saving the Blog post.
Jean, I have applied some temporary fix for you on the site so that saving a post with html block will work fine now. In the next update, remember to change the js mode to static in Settings > system . Currently it is set to development so that I can apply the patches.
·
Wednesday, 01 July 2015 23:56
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Jean,

Okay, found the culprit. It looks like there's some errors in the "html" block when updating. I will check this internally and it will be fixed in the next release of EasyBlog 5.0.14. Alternatively, try to stay away from the "html" block until the next release
·
Wednesday, 01 July 2015 23:06
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Cool thank you so much Mark.

I also think found a bug with Windows Keyboards when pressing Page-up in Composer while editing a block, I then get graphically displaced content.

Regards
Jean-Marc
·
Wednesday, 01 July 2015 23:43
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Mark,

did not expect you to fix this so fast thank you for this. I'll be adding some more Blog entries and test it out. Also going to keep this Ticket open for now and will report to you, if I should encounter any problems with this issue.

J.M.
·
Thursday, 02 July 2015 02:05
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Jean-Marc Burri wrote:

Cool thank you so much Mark.

I also think found a bug with Windows Keyboards when pressing Page-up in Composer while editing a block, I then get graphically displaced content.

Regards
Jean-Marc

Happens when pressing Page-up while editing a block element in composer. Windows 7 using Chrome
·
Thursday, 02 July 2015 02:20
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Jean-Marc,

I am sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for reporting this issue in and yes we can replicate this locally. This issue will be fixed internally and will be available in the future releases.

If you have anymore questions, please do not hesitate to ask us by sending a new thread since this issue is already fixed and we can minimize the confusion between us.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thanks again and have a wonderful day ahead.
·
Thursday, 02 July 2015 13:02
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Your welcome,

I am still having some Problems with updating my Blog entries when using html Block. Please take your time to fix this issue, I do not need a fix right away and can wait for next update. I am closing this Ticket now.

Will be testing and reporting issues with new Tickets.

I wish you guys a great day

Regards
J.M.
·
Thursday, 02 July 2015 16:22
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Jean,

Thanks for getting back to us. We really appreciate your courtesy in helping us making EasyBlog better for everyone. Yes I have forwarded this issue to our developers and this will be fixed in the future releases.

I will close this ticket and if you have anymore questions, please do not hesitate to ask us by creating a new ticket. We hope by doing this we can minimize the confusion between us.

Thanks again and have a nice day.
·
Friday, 03 July 2015 11:16
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post