By Randall McCallum on Thursday, 28 August 2014
Posted in General
Likes 0
Views 1.5K
Votes 0
Welcome to the Premiere Edition of StackLine - August 27, 2014

Red Randall hosts StackLine, a weekly local Malaysian current-affairs program (a parody of the national current-affairs program Nightline and Smartline from the Simpsons TV series), which taped before a live audience at the poolside entertainment center in the Summit Hotel Bukit Mertajam in Seberang Perai, Penang, Malaysia.

StackLine focuses mostly on weird and often amusing entertainment news, out of this world science news, geeky technology news, and Awesome Joomla Extension related news from around the globe. Special Guests will be added each week, with Red Randall interviewing them on the spot, in full animated color.

Red Randall was known as Eric the Red Randolf early in his career. Red Randall has a Scottish lady friend, Lainey Taylor who may or may not appear in future episodes of StackLine as the producers are still debating the on-air fallout from such appearances of his romantic better half. She has a real Scottish dander when she gets mad.

Today's episode for August 27, 2014 is sponsored by the Joomla enthusiasts from the Chilean Embassy in Malaysia , and is dedicated to Awesome Team at StackIdeas, and all you incredible StackHeads who frequent the StackIdeas Forums.

StackLine is a weekly newscast created and produced by Randall McCallum with a goal to increase forum viewership through light-hearted weekly humor in this forum community. Sometimes we often need to do things that seem strange and weird to develop that sense of humor to make people laugh at the end of a long week.

Character Development

I developed the character for Red Randall and all the videos in the past 14 hours. A long night. More characters for some of the new episodes are in development.

New Special Guests will be Introduced Each Week

I will be changing the voice over, creating better newscast scripts, and speeding up the development of production next week, and I will introducing new StackLine guests each month, and one or a few of them may be based on some of the wonderful people that I find interesting, knowledgeable, and entertaining in the StackIdeas forums and from within the Joomla world. It could be you!

I do hope you enjoy the premiere episode of StackLine - hosted by Red Randall, my alter ego.

Randall
When I first read this, I thought "uhm whaaaat?" Actually looks like a great way to keep perspective and build camaraderie. Looking forward to the first episode...
·
Thursday, 28 August 2014 21:36
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Eileen O'Donnell wrote:

When I first read this, I thought "uhm whaaaat?" Actually looks like a great way to keep perspective and build camaraderie. Looking forward to the first episode...

Eileen,
I must be a more than a wee bit CRAZY! This is the first all NIGHTER for me in a very long time but I finished the first episode. I'll be making some voice changes to the Red Randall Host in the next day, and will focus on better scripts for nexts weeks episode. This first one was to build the character and create the animated lip-synching.

Hope you enjoy!

Randall
·
Thursday, 28 August 2014 22:59
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Haha nice one Randall! Thank you very much It's a privilege to have you guys as awesome clients
·
Friday, 29 August 2014 02:42
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
hahaha, nice! As I have mentioned many times the community here at Stackideas is the best Joomla community out there. This is great!

What software did you use to develop the character and make it move relatively in sync with the sound?
·
Friday, 29 August 2014 06:45
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks Jannik
·
Friday, 29 August 2014 12:53
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
You are very welcome. Your positive and diplomatic way of managing this community combined with the sheer talent of you and your team makes it a joy to spend time on this forum... even if sometimes it is due to frustrating bugs that I need to report. Because I know that no matter whether I am on here to report a bug, ask a question, suggest an idea or participate in another persons thread, there will always be a positive and productive response.

No other Joomla community has this. You guys have defined an unreachable standard... and every other Joomla community and development team is a disappointment when compared to Stackideas.
·
Friday, 29 August 2014 13:00
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks a bunch Jannik Appreciate it very much!
·
Friday, 29 August 2014 14:31
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Jannik and Mark,

Driving and will respond by 7:00 am or 8:00 am Friday. Aug 29, 2014.

Have a question of both of you.

Randall
·
Friday, 29 August 2014 14:40
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Randall M wrote:

Jannik and Mark,

Driving and will respond by 7:00 am or 8:00 am Friday. Aug 29, 2014.

Have a question of both of you.

Randall

Randall, sounds good. Not quite sure what timezone you are referring to. But considering I have my hands on Wanderers and ES 1.3, odds are I won't sleep for more than 2 hours a night in the coming week, while playing around with CSS overrides, module positions, frontpage design and the like hehe

Whatever you need, I am pretty much always online
·
Friday, 29 August 2014 14:48
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post