By T.W. van Urk on Friday, 27 May 2016
Likes 0
Views 819
Votes 0
Hi,

Previously I had a problem with the loadposition function. See this topic.

After updating to EB 5.036 this problem has returned .

I have done some tests:
- I cleared all my caches.
- I have created a new blog with a loadposition attempt. But this article has the same failure. So in my opinion this is not a caching problem
- I have created a joomla article with a load position. This works correct! So I guess the reason is not other updates from Rocketteheme's Xenon template and Gantry Framework.

So I think it is again an Easyblog question. For verion EB 5.035 you send me a customized post.php file.
In version 5.036 this post.php is updated. So I do not dare to replace this file with my old customated PHP file. Is this problem fixed in the last post.php ?

Please help!

Kind regards,
T.W. van Urk

p.s. You can find my login codes and authorization codes in the site details.
Please turn off all your cache including the cache on the web server. Once that is done, let me know and I will take a look at this issue
·
Friday, 27 May 2016 17:53
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Mark,

I already turned off al the caching options.
I have contacted my hosting provider. They ensured me that they use a server caching system wich absolute refreshes the cache when an article is renewed. I have tried a new article, and also added some content to an existing article with a renewed time-stamp. Unfortunally no success.
They also suggested me to try PHP 5.6. instead of PHP 7.0. I have tried this also, but also no success. The only working page is the Joomla test article.
So, I am a little desperate now. My site is reaching completion, and now I have this problem . I hope you can help!

Kind regards, T.W. van Urk
·
Friday, 27 May 2016 22:23
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Please try this again, it looks like there is still a bug if you are using the built in composer. I have applied a fix for it and it should work fine now
·
Sunday, 29 May 2016 21:52
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Mark,

Thanks, but what fix do you mean? Did you apply it with your answer?

Kind regards,
T.W van Urk
·
Sunday, 29 May 2016 22:09
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
The fix is also applied internally as I was able to reproduce this internally as well with the exact setup from your site.
·
Sunday, 29 May 2016 22:11
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your fix. It works all well .

But - for your information - I had to repeat the fix from another question. See my hidden button topic from a while ago. And also see both screenshots.

I guess your fix will be implemented in the next EasyBlog update. And maybe you can also provide am Easyblog solution (workaround) for the Rocketheme buttons issue !?

For now, thanks for your great help. I am very happy with it !

Kind regards, T.W. van Urk
·
Monday, 30 May 2016 01:58
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey there,

I will check with our designer and see if we need to add a fix for this on the next release
·
Monday, 30 May 2016 11:07
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I've just spoken to our designer and it looks like there is really nothing much we can do here apart from the template renaming the button class right now.

We'll see what we can do to address this in the future. Perhaps we will namespace the buttons to our own prefix in the future
·
Monday, 30 May 2016 11:23
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thsnk you!
·
Monday, 30 May 2016 12:15
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi there,

You are most welcome. Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved now.

As a gentle reminder, kindly start a new thread if you have any other issue in the future so it will be easier for us to manage your inquiry. I will lock and mark this thread as resolved.
·
Monday, 30 May 2016 19:57
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post