By Elle Meager on Saturday, 18 July 2015
Posted in Technical Issues
Likes 0
Views 1.8K
Votes 0
Hi guys!
For some time now, my posts on Easyblog have been returning a 504 error 'Gateway Timeout, The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application'. Initially I thought this could be the server, however, the issue only happens with some of my blog posts. For example, this article: https://lushplants.com.au/plant-garden-care-blog/miracle-fruit-a-miraculous-berry-bearing-shrub-synsepalum-dulcificum returns a 504. But this one: https://lushplants.com.au/plant-garden-care-blog/colourful-ruby-leaf-on-special-5-plants-for-20-10-plants-for-35 does not. I thought it could have something to do with the first article being a featured article, but I've 'un-featured' it and it still returns the error.
Can you help me please?
Hey Elle,

I am really sorry for the delay of this reply as it is a weekend for us here. Is it possible for you to provide us with the back end and FTP access to your site to check on this issue?
·
Saturday, 18 July 2015 14:25
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thank you Mark,
Attached.
·
Tuesday, 21 July 2015 04:32
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Elle,

Sorry for the delay of my reply, got a little occupied with some meetings earlier today. I can't seem to login to both the site and ftp with the provided login credentials. Can you please advise?
·
Wednesday, 22 July 2015 02:19
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Mark,
Putting them in again. Note that password has capital first letter. If this doesn't log you in, can we use email instead, so I can see what password I'm typing etc?
So you get to the login screens of the website & siteground, but the credentials won't let you in? Can you log into the Cpanel at Siteground?
Cheers, El
·
Wednesday, 22 July 2015 04:19
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Elle.

Can I have your permission to update your easyblog 3.9 to latest version of easyblog 3.9?
·
Wednesday, 22 July 2015 12:25
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Absolutely Izzan, thank you. I tried updating myself but it resulted in me having to restore a previous backup of the website as the whole thing went down. Don't know if it was due to me starting the Easyblog updater, or something else, but it scared me enough not to try again
·
Friday, 24 July 2015 04:59
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Elle.

Seems like this issue come from edible plants. I have delete this tag and recreate it. After assign this tag to your blog post, I don't hit this error message anymore.

Can you verify it for me?
·
Friday, 24 July 2015 19:16
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thank you Izzan,
Unfortunately the error still occurs for me...
Same thing, 504 error.
Not all articles seem affected.
My newest article returns a 504: https://lushplants.com.au/plant-garden-care-blog/elephant-garlic-giant-russian-garlic-allium-ampeloprasum-the-garlic-that-s-not-a-garlic
But this article doesn't, it shows up fine: https://lushplants.com.au/plant-garden-care-blog/native-australian-kurrajong-tree-bottle-tree-brachychiton-populneus-edible-useful-hardy-versatile
I tried changing the category for this article, from Edible Plants to Garden Care, and Ornamental Trees, but it still returns an error.
I use Feedburner also and clicking through to new articles from Feedburner's notification email return a 504 also.
Now my 'latest article' module is also not working.
·
Saturday, 25 July 2015 03:37
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Elle,

I am really sorry for the delay of this reply as it is a weekend for us here. The ftp access which you have provided isn't working. Can you please advise?
·
Saturday, 25 July 2015 13:25
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
No problem Mark, thank you.
I have setup a new ftp account for you, hoping this will work. I use siteground's file manager myself, so not too sure how to exactly login to ftp direct, but hoping the info below will get you there. Otherwise, you can login to siteground with the details I have provided and go to 'ftp accounts' or file manager Note that password for Siteground is with a capital. FTP password is lower case.
Thanks for all your help!
Cheers, El
·
Sunday, 26 July 2015 16:55
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Elle,

I am really sorry for the delay of this reply as it is a weekend for us here. Thanks! The ftp works. It looks like we have been looking at the wrong place all these while. The problem has nothing to do with the tags and we thought it was the tags because when we removed the tag, it worked. The problem is actually coming from the mod_easyblogrelatedpost module where there is a bug with the source file. I have fixed this and the pages are working correctly now
·
Sunday, 26 July 2015 22:42
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Ah, you're amazing! All working now, not a single error Thanks so much for your help, your support is excellent!
One more little thing, please. The 'latest articles' module I have in my sidebar is now not working anymore - showing 'no post has been created yet'. I've tried all the settings and it stays empty.... Could you help me?
·
Wednesday, 29 July 2015 03:54
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Elie,

I've checked your module and it seems like you have the following options turned on, http://screencast.com/t/KlNShs8y . I've turned it off as there is no featured post on your site and the module is appearing correctly now. Can you verify it for me?
·
Wednesday, 29 July 2015 11:40
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Ah silly me. Of course!
Yes, it's fantastic now - all's well and good
thank you once again, you guys are great!
·
Tuesday, 04 August 2015 12:45
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
You are most welcome Elle. Glad that your issue has been resolved now.
·
Tuesday, 04 August 2015 12:54
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post