By Rosanne Renzetti on Wednesday, 21 September 2016
Posted in Technical Issues
Replies 7
Likes 0
Views 421
Votes 0
I just updated from 5.0.36 to .37 today, and have been having trouble accessing the blog since.
Both the frontpage module and the menu item result in a 504 error:
Gateway Timeout

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

Currently, the site is in development mode, and only available if you change your local hosts file. See private notes.
Hi there,

I just updated from 5.0.36 to .37 today, and have been having trouble accessing the blog since.

i am a bit lost here actually. I have tried to access your blog, and it seems to work fine as shown http://prntscr.com/ckh7sk . Please advice.

Both the frontpage module and the menu item result in a 504 error:

Can you provide us with some attachement or screenshot to point us where is the module and menu item stated above? And can you provide us with valid backend access for us to access your backend for further check on this issues?
·
Wednesday, 21 September 2016 11:49
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi!
Thanks for taking a look.
The link I think you clicked probably took us to the 'live' version of our site.
The error is occurring in our sandboxed site. This is accessed using the hosts file info I gave you in the msg. The backend for this sandboxed site is accessible with the login info below. The live site won't be. Make sure you use the www web address once your local hosts file is updated.

The Menu item is under the Stay Informed menu, in the footer of each page: "Let's Talk Libraries".
We also access blog posts through the 'Latest Posts' module on the home page.

See: http://screencast.com/t/PtXLsArzx
·
Wednesday, 21 September 2016 22:15
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey there,

I can access your site now, may i know is it can provide us with your FTP access so we can better have a check?
·
Thursday, 22 September 2016 00:36
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I've updated the Site Details to include FTP info.

Let me know if there are any problems with access.
·
Thursday, 22 September 2016 21:17
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Can you check again and see is it work fine now?
·
Thursday, 22 September 2016 23:00
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Looks like it is to me! Thanks.
What went wrong?

We go live today some time, so I will respond again if anything else goes wrong.
·
Thursday, 22 September 2016 23:22
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I am not really sure yet, I found out something wrong with this file -> JoomlaFolder/components/com_easyblog/service/weblog.php , when I rename it then it work fine.

But something is strange, when I renamed it back, it also work fine, then I unable to replicate this issue any more.

Sure, keep us update if something is wrong.
·
Friday, 23 September 2016 00:28
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post