By Joe John on Thursday, 23 October 2014
Posted in Technical Issues
Replies 5
Likes 0
Views 347
Votes 0
This most likely has been asked elsewhere, but after a bit of searching I have not found it.

A link would be sufficient, though it seems odd regardless.

Basically on the main page (main menu item) I have it setup to use easyblog frontpage layout. However if I add anything after that like site.com/dfherthdsgfbd it goes to the frontpage layout still when it "should" go to the default Joomla 404 page.

I am sure there is a setting somewhere, but if there is no posts and it has no matching item, by default it not showing a 404 page seems odd to me.
Hello Joe John,

May i know do you have install any 3rd party SEF extension in your site?

Also can you give us some instruction how to reproduce on this ?

By the way, can you provide us with your Joomla backend and FTP access so we can help you check on this? Please advise.
·
Thursday, 23 October 2014 13:06
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
only the core sef is installed. I will look into granting ftp/backend access as well though.
·
Thursday, 23 October 2014 13:10
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Joe,

I have applied some codes in the file /components/com_easyblog/router.php at line 796,

// Something is wrong here
if (!isset($vars['view'])) {
return JError::raiseError(404, 'View Not Found');
}

It will now render a 404 page if user tries to access an invalid view.
·
Friday, 24 October 2014 03:12
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
So it is actually a legit bug? Is there anything different I could of done in my setup to avoid this?

I just feel a core edit seems a little strong for an issue that "should" not be an issue. I must of done something wrong somewhere.
·
Friday, 24 October 2014 08:54
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Joe,

I just feel a core edit seems a little strong for an issue that "should" not be an issue. I must of done something wrong somewhere.

You actually did nothing wrong with your site setup. The reason you are facing this is because EasyBlog did not throw any error when you enter an invalid segments in your url and redirect the user back to EasyBlog frontpage instead. Anyway with the code provided by Mark, EasyBlog will now throw the 404 error if the context is not valid.

We will include the fix into next release of EasyBlog as well
Hope this help and have a nice day!
Sam
·
Friday, 24 October 2014 11:48
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·