By Daniel Holdinghausen on Friday, 19 August 2016
Posted in Technical Issues
Likes 0
Views 345
Votes 0
please can you sent me the same file (default.php) for the new version?
It seems like your menu item already set to show `Author info`, you can check my attached screenshot below.

I already help you turn it off, it should work fine now.
·
Tuesday, 30 August 2016 18:44
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Daniel,

May i know which discussion thread (#271835) are you referring? It would be best if you can provide us with that discussion post URL.
·
Friday, 19 August 2016 09:54
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
·
Friday, 19 August 2016 14:23
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Daniel Holdinghausen,

Correct me if I'm wrong here, in this ticket http://stackideas.com/forums/deactivate-functions you've make some customization by replace the file that my colleague give you?yes?
and now you want revert back the changes to a default behavior?
·
Friday, 19 August 2016 18:54
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
For deactivating the "Active Authors" category, unfortunately there isn't an option you can use in the backend to disable it. My apologies for your inconvenience. I will pass this issue up to the developers so they can look into it.

In the meantime, I have included a fix file in the attachment for you to replace in the location
../components/com_easyblog/themes/wireframe/blogs/categories/default.php
After replacing the file you should be able to eliminate the "Active Authors" category.

i use the default.php your colleague gives me.
But i noticed, that in the new version the size of the file default.php is much more.
So i dont can use the old default.php with deactivated functions.
I need a new default.php for the new version with the same deactivated functions as in the old default.php
Thanks!
·
Friday, 19 August 2016 19:28
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Daniel,

I am really sorry for the delay of this reply as it is a weekend for us here.

If you using Easyblog latest version 5.0.37, you can disable it from backend > Easyblog > settings > layout > categories > show author - NO

In other word, you do not need to hack any Easyblog core file any more in the future.
·
Sunday, 21 August 2016 11:17
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
i have updated the blog to 5.0.37 and have change all setting you told me.
But the authors are still displayed.

https://www.vv360.de/ratgeber.html

Whats the problem?
·
Tuesday, 30 August 2016 17:36
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hey Daniel,

It would be best if you can provide us with your Joomla backend and FTP access so we can help you check on this?

By the way, in the future you can just include your site's access once at http://stackideas.com/dashboard/site rather than needing to keep adding them in your replies
·
Tuesday, 30 August 2016 17:48
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
i have save the data at the dashboard
·
Tuesday, 30 August 2016 17:56
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks a lot!
·
Tuesday, 30 August 2016 19:01
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
You are most welcome. Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved now.

As a gentle reminder, kindly start a new thread if you have any other issue in the future so it will be easier for us to manage your inquiry. I will lock and mark this thread as resolved.
·
Tuesday, 30 August 2016 19:04
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post